→ 10○Wasting time

𝙊𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙠, 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 a sea of textbooks, notebooks, and assignments. The weight of the homework feels almost suffocating, and she can't help but feel overwhelmed.

Her brow furrows in concentration as she tries to tackle one task at a time. She knows the importance of staying on top of her studies, especially while juggling the responsibilities of being a hero.

Despite her best efforts, there's a sense of frustration creeping in. The sheer volume of work feels like a daunting mountain to climb, and it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Nonetheless, she takes her time to do everything, one by one to return quality assignments. 

However, after hours of intense focus, Ophelia's concentration wavers as the doorbell chimes, interrupting her focus on her homework. She sets her pen down, crossing her face. She wasn't expecting any visitors -- Mr and Mrs Dupuy being out for the day.

With a sigh, she pushes her chair back and heads towards the door, her thoughts momentarily shifting from algebraic equations to the mystery of who might be on the other side.

Surprise and delight light up the brunette's face as she opens the door to find one of her classmates, Alix, standing on the other side. It's an unexpected but welcome interruption from her homework.

"Ophelia, what's up?" The pink-haired girl raises her hand and the two girls high-fived each other.

Alix's energetic greeting and bright smile instantly lift Ophelia's spirits. There's a sense of comfort and familiarity in seeing her friend, and it brings a sense of warmth to the room.

"Alix! I thought you were with your father for your birthday." The brunette asks, positively confused about the girl's visit. 

"I came to pick you up, of course." Her smile is wide while her eyes hold a confident glint.

Now, Ophelia feels confused. Her eyebrows furrowed as she leans against the doorframe, her hand crossing over her chest. Pick her up? Did they have something planned today? 

The brunette shook her head at that. That's not possible. She wouldn't forget that. Nonetheless, with the tons of assignments and homework given by the teachers...

"Sorry but... Hmmm... Pick me up?" She questioned.

"For the race between me and Kim."

Ophelia's eyes widen as she realizes she completely forgot about the race between Alix and Kim. That's why something was bothering her this morning! She mentally kicks herself for getting so wrapped up in the day's events that she loses track of time.

She quickly turns to Alix, her expression a mix of apology and concern. "I'm so sorry, Alix! I completely forgot about the race," she admits, feeling a pang of guilt for making the girl come to get her. Her classmates were surely already waiting for them at the Trocadéro

Alix, ever understanding, gives Ophelia a playful nudge. "No worries, Ophelia. You've got a lot on your plate," she reassures, a grin on her face.

Frantically, the brunette leaves the girl for a moment. She goes to her bedroom, and catches her phone and a sleeping kwami on the way, before opening the shoe drawer. After tying her usual black boots, she breathes and turns to the pink-haired girl who's patiently waiting for her.