→ 9○Disconnected

"𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 you all did on your last assignment." Miss Bustier smiles proudly as she hands the papers graded to her students.

As Ophelia receives her excellent grade, a surge of pride and accomplishment fills her. She looks down at the paper, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips, knowing that her hard work and dedication always paid off.

However, as she glances over at Ivan, she notices the disappointment in his expression. Her heart sinks a little, a mixture of empathy and concern washing over her. 

With a thoughtful look, she turns to Ivan, her voice gentle and encouraging. "Hey, don't be too hard on yourself."

Ivan turns to her, a small smile on his lips. "Yeah..."

Seeing him disappointed weighs on her, and she wishes there was something she could do to help. Resting a hand on his shoulder, she slightly leans toward him so she wouldn't have to speak loud. "If you ever want to study together or need help, let me know, okay?"

Ivan nods, regaining his smile before she lets go of his shoulder and turns her focus to Miss Bustier.

"Now is the time to move on to our next assignment." The teacher said. However, she quickly lost her smile when she glances at the empty seat in front of her. "Alya, is Marinette still in the girls' restroom?"

Ophelia's brow furrows in mild concern as she glances around the room, noticing that, indeed, Marinette hasn't returned from the restroom yet. It's been thirty minutes now. She can't help but feel a twinge of worry. It happens a lot since the start of the year. Marinette would excuse herself to the restroom and only come back the next period. 

The brunette knows it isn't her business, but feeling worried over a friend isn't bad.

"I don't know, Miss," Answered an equally confused Alya.

As the bell echoes inside the school, the end of the school day is officially over. Stretching her arms, she bids goodbye to Ivan before going out of the classroom, her work iPad in hand.

"I want you to read chapter three of «France: The First Thousand Years» Then, answer this simple questionnaire." 

Ophelia thanks her teacher and went downstairs, her eyes traveling on the sheet of paper. Then, glancing at the questions, she notices with a relieved satisfaction that this questionnaire is, indeed, simple. All it's answer has been in today's lesson, anyway.

Now, the real question she's asking herself is: how is she going to fix her wifi's problem? She hadn't been able to pick up the network since this morning. She sighs at that thought. It's a good thing Mr and Mrs Dupuy weren't home until tomorrow. She hopes to be able to fix the problem before.

As she made her way out of school, Ophelia is stopped by a hand on her shoulder. Glancing behind her, she notices a confused Alya standing behind her. 

"Hey, girl. Haven't you seen Marinette?"

She meets Alya's gaze with a mixture of curiosity and worry, sensing that something might be amiss.

"No, I haven't seen her since she went to the restroom," She replies, her voice tinged with a touch of apprehension.  It would have put her mind at ease if she goes with Alya to search for Marinette around the school, but she doesn't have any time to waste.