nine

I entered the portal, my body covered in blood, a gun still gripped in my hand. My mind was racing, wondering what had just happened. The humans were onto us. Or, were onto us.

I wiped some of the blood from my forehead, looking at the fresh cut in the mirror. Loona came up behind me, "how are you?"

"Glad I'm not fired, if that's what you're asking." I sighed, slumping down on the couch. Moxxie and Millie had gone home, and Blitz was in his office.

"Yeah... have you explained why you were talking to Verosika to him yet?" She took out some bandages, wrapping some of my arm wounds as I tended to my forehead.

"No. If he's not willing to listen, I'm not willing to explain. When he comes to me, and asks me in a calm demeanour then and only then will I explain. I wont explain myself to someone who wont listen." I leaned back on the couch, letting out a long breath.

"That's fair, but I think Blitz is too stubborn to come forward and ask you on his own." Loona sat beside me.

I knew she was right, but I was going to stand my ground. "Then I guess the truth will never be revealed."

Loona just shook her head with a smile. "Be honest with me. Do you like Verosika?"

"I-" I paused. Did I? "I'm not sure."

Loona looked at me for a moment. "You don't have to. I was just wondering."

"I'll get back to you once I figure that out." I let my body go limp and relax on the couch, exhausted from the fight in the human realm.

✫彡
short chapter 😝