CHAPTER-13: Actions & Consequences

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:
April 23rd, 2017

Fine day, Sunday... No school, no work, no- Who am I kidding? There's no such thing as "rest" in our life.

Currently, the boys and I were looking for a kidnapping victim that had gone missing around an hour ago.

"Any sign of him?" I tapped my earpiece and asked through the comms.

["Not yet. I was just talking to some witnesses and they said that the kidnappers took off in a black sedan."]

["Someone see the plates on that car?"]

["Unfortunately, no... I don't have any other leads."]

"This is so frustr-" As I was about to finish my sentence, I saw a black sedan pull up to the street adjacent to me. The passengers quickly got out, and dragged away a person with them, who was tied up.

"Boys, I think I found our guy. Come to this location, quick." I said, before pinging my location.

...

"HOW DID A KIDNAPPING TURN INTO A HIGH-SPEED CAR CHASE THROUGH THE STREETS OF NEW JAPAN?" Ritvik yelled, swinging beside me.

"IS THAT A TURRET?!" Arush exclaimed, barely dodging the bullets.

"BRO, WHO DID THEY KIDNAPP, THE PRESIDENT'S DAUGHTER??" I asked, avoiding the oncoming traffic while swinging down low.

"I HATE SUNDAY AFTERNOONS!" Agrim yelled.

Suddenly, I heard my phone ringing. Tapping on the earpiece, I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey- WHAT IS ALL THAT NOISE?" Uesugi exclaimed from the other end.

"Uh... watching a superhero movie-! What's up?"

"Wh- ugh, never mind! Can you help me tutor the sisters today?"

"What? Help you? Can't you do it yourself?"

"WELL, IF YOU FORGOT THEY DRUGGED ME THE MINUTE YOU STEPPED OUT."

"Right... Well, I have some important matters to attend to, but as soon as I am done, I'll swing by."

"Wait-" With that, I cut the call.

...

"How- how did a simple kidnapping turn into this?!" Arush asked, frustrated.

"This just turned into a hostage situation. Are these guys on a crime speed-run?" I asked, crouching on the rooftop of the building opposite to the bank the kidnappers had taken hostage.

["Guys, I see an opening. It's a vent located on the south wall of the bank. We can get in through there without alerting the kidnappers."]

"I think it's best if only two of us go in, so on the off-chance that they decide to escape, the other two will be able to intercept them." Arush suggested.

"Rock, paper, scissors to decide who goes in?" I asked him, and he quickly put his hand up.

...

I won.

Inside the bank, Ritvik and I quietly staked out the place, noting all the people with guns and where the hostages were being kept.

It was a well-thought out plan, I had to give that to these guys at least. They thought about everything.

"What should we do?" Ritvik asked.

"I'll go and distract them. You go help the hostages." I said, moving toward the bank vault.

...