Chapter 4

The next morning greeted me with the soft glow of sunlight streaming through my bedroom window. It was a Saturday, a rare respite from the hectic pace of the school week. I decided to take full advantage of this leisurely day.

With no need to rush, I allowed myself the luxury of a slow start. The warmth of a cozy, restful morning enveloped me as I began my day. First on the agenda was a long, indulgent shower.

Under the soothing stream of water, I took my time, letting the hot water wash away the remnants of the night before. I carefully shampooed and conditioned my hair, savoring the simple pleasure of this unhurried moment.

It was a tranquil beginning to a day that promised to be a well-deserved break from the usual rush of life, and I intended to make the most of it.

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a plush towel, enjoying the warmth and comfort it provided. With droplets of water still clinging to my skin, I started by gently towel-drying my hair, the soft fabric absorbing the excess moisture.

Next, I moved on to my trusty blow dryer. My hair, a rich shade of h/c, required some extra care to style just the way I liked it. I took my time, carefully using the blow dryer to tame my locks, ensuring they fell in the right place and framed my face in the desired manner.

The gentle hum of the blow dryer, combined with the comforting aroma of my shampoo, was a soothing soundtrack to my morning routine. As I put the finishing touches on my h/c hair, I felt a sense of contentment, appreciating the simple pleasures of self-care and relaxation that this Saturday had to offer.

I carefully sifted through my wardrobe, each piece of clothing a potential choice for the day ahead. In the end, I settled on a pair of oversized black cargo pants, enjoying the comfortable and casual feel they offered. They were a perfect fit for a leisurely Saturday.

I paired the cargo pants with a small white top, a simple choice that exuded a sense of ease and laid-back style. To combat any potential chill in the air, I reached for a largely oversized grey zip-up hoodie, an extra layer of coziness to complete my outfit.

Standing before the mirror, I examined my reflection meticulously. I adjusted my h/c hair, making sure it fell in just the right way. I turned around, checking how my outfit looked from the back, ensuring every detail was in place.

As I descended the stairs, the voices of my father and brother, immersed in a drifting competition on television, reached my ears. I chose to ignore their conversation for the time being and made my way to the kitchen, where I retrieved a drink.

While sipping my beverage, I gazed out of the window. The weather outside was surprisingly calm, and it wasn't as cold as one would expect for this time of year. The sun bathed everything in a warm and inviting light, and the view seemed unusually beautiful. I briefly reconsidered my outfit choice, then shook my head, confident in my selection.

After finishing my glass of f/d, I proceeded to the front hall. I reached for my trusty shoe horn, which always made the process of sliding into my shoes easier. My father's voice called out, interrupting my departure plans. "Y/n! If you're heading out, grab something for dinner! Me and Kai are going out for the night."

I met his gaze and nodded softly, acknowledging his request, before leaving the house, ready to enjoy the rest of my day under the clear skies and the welcoming warmth of the sun.