Lock and Key

Sokka sat waiting in his office, waiting not so patiently for Toph to come home. She said she would be late, but late was usually 11 or 12, not 2 in the morning. His eyes drooped and mind wandered with the possibilities of where his ever so adventurous girlfriends went.

Maybe extra paper work at the police station?
No, Sokka, she's blind.

Traffic?
There are no people out this late.

Got lost?
Stopped to get food?
Fell asleep at the station?

His mind then drifted from the optimistic solutions to the more dreary possibilities.

Maybe she got mugged?
But that couldn't happen to her.
Could it?

She got taken prisoner by a gang?
Who am I kidding?
No one could take Toph.

Sokka, who was now overwhelmed with worry, decided to set out and find her, as sitting at the house pondering the matter would do nothing. Pulling on fur boots, he set out into the darkness of night.

Where first?
The station.

As he walked, he made sure to keep in the dim light of the lanterns that lined the deserted street. Another missing person would not help the case.

When Sokka arrived, he poked his head into the main office, only to see the usual night shift cop.

"Hey, Jhu Go, have you seen Toph?" Sokka quizzed, hoping the young man would provide a clue.

"She left around 12 and hasn't been back, why? He responded, equally as clueless as Sokka.

"She isn't home yet, I got worried. Did she give you any indication as to where she went?" He asked, becoming increasingly uneasy.

"She mumbled something about needing a drink, if that's anything." Jhu Go resonded, and Sokka just nodded, once again off on his hunt.

A drink.
Wow, Toph.
Couldn't at least come home to bring me with you,
Warn someone as to where you were.

It was now around 3 as Sokka pulled open the door to the "Lucky Turtle Duck". His nose was greeted by the strong smell of whiskey. He heard the sound of his girlfriend's drunken giggles.

He rounded the corner and there he saw her, surrounded by three men and dozens of empty bottles. The men tried to pull at her in a way much to Sokka's disliking. Toph swatted them away, only seemingly half not enjoying the attention.

"Toph!" Sokka boomed, livid at the sight.

"I'm at home, worried sick about you, and you're at a bar flirting with some other guys? I can't believe you!" The bar fell silent, even the men surrounding the petite woman backed away.

"Oh let a girl have some fun! I needed to blow off some steam!" Toph giggled, slurring her words tremendously.

"I'm taking you home." Sokka picked up Toph and slung her over his shoulder carrying her outside. As they rounded the corner, Toph gave a nonchalant wink to the men, causing them to snicker. Sokka just kept on moving, burning holes in the door in front of him with his stare.

"I can't believe you!" He yelled, tears filling his grey eyes. Toph was now back on the ground, regaining her land legs.

"I'd never do anything serious, Meat Head. You know I love you. You're my one and only." She leaned into him grabbing the collar of his shirt.

"How can I be so sure when you're out at 3 in the morning flirting with some pervs?" Sokka cried, getting emotional although he tried to stop himself.

"Because you've got me under lock and key mister." She whispered into his ear, trailing her hand down his chest and to other south regions.

Sokka grinned, he hated what Toph could do to him.

"Just don't you dare, ever do that again." Sokka said, attempting to be stern.

"Aye aye captain."