Dark

This was originally supposed to be a really fluffy thing about how Sokka helped Toph with nightmares... But it's now completely different. I hope you enjoy! And don't kill me please:)
~
Third person POV:
~
Toph had lived her whole life in darkness. Light blocked out by her silk green eyes. She learned to live in the dark, was used to it, perhaps even preferred it to when something abnormally hot, like fire, got too close to her. But this, this was a new type of darkness. It was a cold darkness that threatened to swallow her whole. It was an empty darkness where a hole was left and nothing could fill it. It wasn't a darkness she could see. It was the darkness left behind by someone she loved. Sokka. Murdered by a bloodbender. Right in front of her. She felt the life drain from his body as she lay on the ice cold stone floor. Her thoughts raced as her world halted.

No.
No.
No.
Him.
He can't.
No.

This darkness was a whole new frontier. It enveloped her. She heard people screaming, felt the vibrating of footsteps around her. Her eyes opened wide as if searching for something despite her blindness.

No.
Why?
Why?
Why?
No.
It's a nightmare.
It's not real Toph!
It's not real!

A single tear fell from her eye, the vibration it made while hitting the floor was as large as that of Sokka's body when it fell. She felt people surround her, familiar footsteps but she did not bother to figure out who.

How?
Him?
He's too strong.
He's boomerang guy.
He's Snoozles.
He's the one with the space sword.
He's Councilman Meathead.
He can't be.
No.

Now not only thoughts of her loss rung through her brain, but the loss for Lin. Her father, even if it's not her real father. Katara. Her brother. Aang. His best friend. Another tear fell, just adding to the pool of darkness drowning Toph from the inside.

No.
Stop.
Stop lying!
No!
He's too loved!
He can't leave!
Not like this!
Not with Suyin.
He didn't know.
He didn't know!

Finally allowing herself to move, she curled herself into a ball and squeezed her eyes shut, creating a make believe barrier against the darkness that just kept flooding in. She felt herself being lifted, then arms being wrapped around her. Her eyes darted open, senses focused again. Light replaced the darkness.

"Sokka?"
"Sokka!"
"Sokka!"

Please.
Please.
Please.

"Toph."
"Sokka!"
"Calm down Toph."
"Sokka! I thought I lost you!"

Thank you!
Yes!
Thank you!

"Toph?"
"Yes Sokka?"
"You can't leave them."
"Sokka?"
"Go back."
"No I want to stay with you."
"They need you."
"Who's they?"

What's going on?
No.
I don't want to leave you.

" I love you."
"Sokka?"
"No!"
"Sokka!"
"Please Sokka! No!"

The light faded and darkness returned. People rushed around Toph's previously lifeless body.

"She's awake!"

"Sokka!"

"Shhh."

"Sokka!"

Please.
All I want is him.
Please.
I want to die again.
Please.
No.
He can't.

" Please! I want him!"

She began thrashing, moving out of the restraints of the people holding her.

"Keep her down. She'll hurt herself more."

But they were wrong. Toph couldn't hurt any more, the maximum capacity for the painful darkness filling her had already passed. She was as well as dead.

No.
He's dead.
Sokka's dead.