Mistletoe

I haven't written in foreverrrrrrrrr....
Sorry....
Anyways, a Christmas story for Christmas Eve! Enjoy!
~
Sleep sat like a soft sheet over the two, Sokka's arm draped over Toph's waist and her hair sprayed across the bed. After weeks of long nights and early mornings, they were finally gifted with rest. Unfortunately, though, the bliss was inevitably cut short.

"Mom! Dad! Wake up, wake up!" An excited Lin hurled herself onto the bed.

"Mum! Mum! Christmas!" Su Yin waddled in, flailing her arms. Sokka pealed one eye open.

"Mhm mhm." He nodded groggily. Lin shook Toph and hit Sokka's arm.

"Up, up! We have a very important day!" She struggled, attempting to push her groaning mother off the bed.

"Lin, honey, five more minutes" Toph pulled a pillow over her head.

"Never!" Lin giggled launching herself onto the half-asleep figure.

"Neverrr!" Su echoed, clumsily running to the side of the bed where Sokka lifted her up.

"Okay, we'll be out there in a minute. You guys go wait by the tree." He picked up Lin and tickled her before setting her down on the ground, doing the same to Su. They ran off out the door.

Sokka stood, and walked over to Toph, setting a soft kiss on her forehead.

"C'mon. They're gonna murder us if we aren't out there." He whispered.

"No." She groaned.

"If you say so," he chuckled, lifting her up.

"Snoozles!" She complained, kicking and flailing. "I can't see!"

He set her down then steadied her, grabbing her hand and leading her to the living room where Lin and Su awaited. Toph plopped onto the ground infront of the couch and Sokka sat over her on it.

"Okay girls stockings or presents first?"
~
An hour past of opening gifts and enjoying each others company. Sokka bent over and kissed Toph's head.

"Merry Christmas." He whispered into her soft hair.

"Merry Christmas Meathead." She giggled 'looking' up at him.

Sokka sat up straight again, smiling at the girls. What beautiful daughters they had, even though Lin was not his, she still loved him as if he were her father.

"Well, we're gonna go make some breakfast." Sokka declared standing up. He walked over to each of the girls and kissed their forehead. As he and Toph began walking through to the hall, a voice stopped them.

"Wait!" Lin yelled, both her parents turning around in fear. "There's a mistletoe Mom, Dad." She grinned and pointed upwards, a mischievous smile on her face.

They both looked up to the pieces of green leaf sloppily hung above them. They both chuckled.

"Mistletoe is quite a nice concept isn't?" Sokka jokingly questioned Toph, raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up and just kiss me already Snoozles!" She laughed, crashing her lips into Sokka's grin.
~
Well, I have successfully written something not tragic... I'm proud of myself *wipes away tear*

Thanks for reading and commenting and voting! I really appreciate it and it makes me so happy when I see it. Merry Christmas!