Wake

The soft glow of morning spilled in through a crack in the window's curtain, placing itself upon a tan face with closed eyes. Slowly, blue orbs opened, then closed, then turned away from the light, careful not to disturb the other entangled in the heavy blanket.

He took a tired breath in through the nose, scrunching his face up and squeezing his eyes, then yawned. Sighing, he set his eyes on the girl sleeping next to him, only the top half of her face sticking up from under the covers. She lay peacefully, a soft snore in time with each breath.

He took the moment to admire her: her long raven hair cascading over the pillow, the soft curve of her nose, and the eyelashes that fanned out from her closed lids.

"Breathtaking" he whispered, accidentally saying it out loud rather than in his head. He ran his thumb softly back and forth across her upper arm, then stopped in place, not wanting to wake her.

After a few more minutes of taking in the beauty of his love, the figure began to stir. She turned around, facing him.

"Good morning," Sokka said, voice still scratchy from waking.

"M-mph-orning," Toph mumbled sleepily back.

"You're beautiful when you sleep," he ran a hand up and down her back.

"Oh really now?" she slyly replied, flashing a small smile.

"Mhm. You're so amazing, I could lay here forever and watch you." He returned the grin.

"So cheesy, Snoozles," Toph giggled. "Good thing I love you."

"I love you too Toph."

~
A short and sweet one since I haven't written in a while.

Please comment and vote!
Thank you :)