Cold

Set post war
Third person POV:

Sokka sat down in the snow next to house he was currently making. He sighed and closed his eyes. It was tiring work rebuilding a whole city. The work was also quite boring compared to the adventures he had been on just two years ago.

He was also apart from his friends. Aang had went off to do avatar things; rebuilding the four nations and resolving conflict, Zuko took his place as Fire Lord, Suki went back to Kyoshi island, and Toph created a metal bending academy. Katara was the only one that he had left.

Sokka groaned and stood, knowing that he should get back to work. The cold wind of the South Pole chilled his nose, turning it a dull red. He missed the excitement of traveling and wished for just a taste of it to get his mind of the routine of wake up, eat, build, sleep.

What seemed to be an hour later, Sokka heard footsteps behind him. He turned around to see a shivering, but smiling Toph.

"Toph!" He shouted happily. He ran towards her and picked her up in a tight embrace.

"Hey Snoozels!" She said excited but not nearly as much as Sokka. He put her down and looked at her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, curious.

"I decided I needed a break from the school and thought that you would be about half dead from rebuilding so I came here." Toph replied, leaving out the last reason, that she missed him a lot.

"Let's go inside and talk, you're freezing," Sokka began but was interrupted.

"I'm fine!" She punched him in the arm. "Let's go do something fun! Is there anywhere that isn't ice? Because I can't see anything." Toph said, showing the childish side of her personality.

"I've got an idea!" Sokka shot his arm up and grabbed Toph's hand. He began running, almost dragging Toph behind him.

"Hey! Slow down Meathead!" She yelled. Sokka stopped and turned to her.

"Here, get on my back!" He said, turning back around and kneeling.

"What?" Toph asked as if she didn't here."

"Get on my back." Sokka repeated, a little slower but still bursting with energy.

"Uh ok," Toph mumbled before climbing into his back. Sokka stood and began running again.

They finally reached their destination during early afternoon. Toph jumped off Sokka's back and smiled when she sensed rock below.

"Earth!" She smiled and fell to the ground to begin making an earth-angel.

"Come on!" Sokka motioned for her to follow even though he knew she couldn't see the gesture. Toph pushed herself off the ground and followed him.

"Ok! We're gonna go penguin sledding!" Sokka announced gleefully, handed Toph a fish.

"Is this a fish?" Toph asked trying to hide her disgust. The gag she let out gave it away though.

"Ya! You have to get a penguin with the fish." Sokka answered ignoring her expressions.

"I've got a better idea," Toph poked his shoulder. She began walking forward, the snow just thin enough for her to see. She felt a penguin nearby and smirked.

"Toph!" Sokka called. She ignored him and proceeded to lift the piece of ground the penguin was standing on. Other penguins scattered in every other direction. She brought the rock platform to herself and quickly grabbed the penguin before it could run off.

"No To-" Sokka began to shout but was interrupted by a a scream coming from the blind girl.

"Ow! It bit me!" She yelled, distressed. She let go of the penguin and let it run off.

"Toph," Sokka trailed off as he lightly jogged over to Toph and her injured shoulder. Blood dripped down her arm and colored the white ground.

"I'm fine!" She turned her back to him, crossing her arms but then wincing.

"Toph, your not fine." Sokka said firmly, grabbing her good shoulder and turning her around.

"Ugh ok, but I'm fine I sw-" she was interrupted by a dizzy spell that suddenly hit her. Her wound was bleeding more now.

"Ok." She mumbled and sat down. Sokka was becoming more worried. He ripped a piece of his sleeve off and began to wrap it around Toph's shoulder to stop the bleeding.

"Let's get you to Katara." Sokka said quickly before picking her up and beginning to sprint back to town.

~
Hey! I'm going to make this a two shot because it's getting pretty long! The second part should be out within the next two days!