Birthday

Heyyy...
It's been so long since I've written!
This will be a cute little story, hopefully I don't decide to add something dark...
~~~
It was around 3 in the afternoon, and councilman Sokka had taken a half day at work. He picked up Lin from school, bought some meat, then finally arrived at the house.

"Okay Lin, we have a very important mission to complete before 6 o'clock." Sokka feign-sternly said to the 9 year old.

She put one hand to her forehead, saluting, and the other on her hip, puffing up her chest.
"Aye aye captain!"

Pulling a list from his pocket, he read off various things that had to be done.
"Food, decorations, gifts wrapped..."

The two raced into action, Sokka grabbing the bag full of uncooked food and sprinting to the kitchen. Lin grabbed the brown paper and green ribbon from the table, plopping them down on the ground. She then raced to her bedroom taking two boxes from under her bed.

"Daddy, where's the tape?" Lin turned to Sokka.

"Right here!" He grabbed the tape from the counter, throwing it to her. Putting out her left hand she caught it flawlessly.

"Nice!" Sokka remarked.

Lin smirked, unraveling the paper and wrapping the gifts. She tied a perfect bow using two different shades of green.

"Gifts, check!" She called out, Sokka giving a thumbs up as he slid a pot into the oven.

"Help me make the fruit tarts please." Sokka grabbed apples, berries, and bananas from the counter, taking out a knife and cutting them.

"I've got the dough!" Lin picked up the bowl, huffing as she lifted it into the counter. They rolled it out and cut out circles, proceeding to slide the fruit covered dough into the oven.

"Decorations!" Lin shouted, whisking a bag from the table. Grabbing the ribbon and tape out, Sokka picked up Lin and put her on his shoulders. Within an hour the food was set up nicely on the table and the house was beautifully adorned in pine colored ribbon and lime steamers.

"Daaaadddd, now when will mom be here?"

"Anytime now, let's get in position" Sokka answered to Lin, running behind the kitchen counter. Lin jumped behind the couch.

"5, 4, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.9, 1.8, 1.6..." She began counting down impatiently. Just after 1.4, the door began to open. Lin whispered to herself, "Zero!"

Simultaneously, her and Sokka jumped from their hiding places, yelling "Happy Birthday!"

Toph, who was previously not paying attention, jumped, then smiled. Without words she picked up Lin, hugging her. Sokka soon joined the hug

"You guys did this?" Toph asked, surprised.

"Mhm" Lin nodded.

"Of course." Sokka smiled and pressed a kiss to Toph's forehead.

"I love you two" Toph punched Sokka in the arm, then kissed Lin's cheek. They ate, opened presents, and celebrated. It was undoubtedly the best birthday ever.
~
Hey!!! I didn't make it dark! I could have done something to Toph or... You know what never mind I like that idea I'll write a alternative ending one.

Please vote and comment!
Thank you!