Insanity

Let's just say I enjoy writing dark fanfiction.
~
Third person POV:
~
Insanity. Many people are driven to it. Azula for example. His own sister witnessed it, so did Zuko. Every one has a little insanity in them, just to make them interesting. People become insane when their little personal piece of insanity decides to grow, and grow, and grow until what was once a tiny morsel, is now them. It's like they're taken over with no control. He had to witness the one closest to him being taken over.

It started when she became chief of police. It wasn't noticeable to anyone but him. He'd ask what was wrong and she would think he was the crazy one. If only she knew.

She started to fidget her hands, or constantly bend her space rock. Twist her bangs and tap her foot. Small stuff only he could see.

A few years past, Lin was 9 and Su was 3. Grey strands began to appear in her onyx hair. Her nails were chewed to the nub. Almost every night she'd have periods where she would uncontrollably shake and her skin would be cold as ice. Despite being the greatest earthbender in the world, she couldn't handle the stress. He'd hold her every night, making sure she went to sleep and didn't wake up from nightmares. She tried her best to hide it from her daughters, but often failed.

Three more years past. The amount of nights Lin and Su would spend at air temple island significantly increased. Her panic attacks weren't so easily hid anymore. They involved screaming and earthbending and sometimes he couldn't even calm her down. He was just forced to watch in agony as the one he loved suffered before him.

Another year. After the case with Noatak, she was bed ridden. Driven to insanity by stress and being over worked. Seeing the one he loved the most in so much pain, drove Sokka to insanity too.

One day, she snuck out and ran away. Just like she did when she had left her parents to join Sokka and the others. Having no idea were she went and how to find her, Sokka killed himself, hoping he'd be able to see Toph happy again, even if in the far off future.

Insanity is the ultimate end.
~
I promise there are happier chapters ahead! I've just found a lot of good promts for sad ones so...