一 | prologue

- backstory -  

"oh i'm in love with judas"

"Disgraceful" he scoffed.

The woman looked up to meet the eyes of her lover who sat across the room, her eyes filled with genuine confusion.

"What's wrong my dear" she spoke softly.

"That child is what's wrong" he looked the newborn in disgust as he pointed a crooked finger at it.

"What is wrong with her, she is simply perfect" she smiled as she looked at her daughter which laid peacefully asleep in her arms.

"A curse, a disappointment, a disgrace..." he grumbled as he got up and walked towards the door. "After all these years of only sons being born into my bloodline, I was the one to get a daughter" he continued mumbling to himself. 

The woman looked as her lover paced back and forth, the air was tense. "I cannot let anyone know of this! It would be a shame upon me!" he declared harshly.

She looked at him in shock, "What is wrong with her? What is wrong with you?" she scoffed as she held her baby tightly.

"Kill it." 

"H-How can you say that!? This is our daughter! Are you out of your mind!?" she exclaimed in fear.

"Shut your mouth!" he yelled as he approached her. His arms reached out to grab the child however she fought him off. "Leave her alo-" she began yelling however a hand was slapped over her mouth causing her to shut up. Her eyes shock as she looked eyes with insane ones. 

As shame and hate ran through his blood stream he knocked her over and grabbed the child from her arms. The baby stirred up and started crying to due the force she felt. The woman cried as she attempted to save her child only to kicked away by him.

"THIS" he yelled as he pointed to the child which he held. "THIS IS A SHAME, SHE CAN NEITHER FIGHT IN BATTLE NOR CARRY ON MY FAMILY'S NAME! SHE IS A GOOD FOR NOTHING" he declared once again.

The woman staggered as she tried getting up but failed, her body was far too weak, all she could do was cry and beg for her daughter's life. 

"PLEASE! DO NOT HARM HER! PLEASE GIVE HER BACK TO ME!" she cried as she watched the man exit the house. 

As he cursed loudly the baby cried just as loud causing him to get even more irritated, if that was possible. He forcefully placed the baby down on the ground as he picked up an axe which was leaning against a tree. 

As the woman trembled in disbelief she noticed her husband's katana that was on the floor next to her. Without a thought she unsheathed the blade and charged towards him as he raised the axe into the air.

Time seemed to stopped as everything froze. The blade pierced through his neck and the axe he held fell down. The baby's cries stopped and silence filled the air. As his body dropped to the ground the woman's breathed deeply and shakily as she picked up her daughter. She whispered words of comfort and hugged her baby tightly.

She apologised over and over to her baby even though the child understood nothing. Since that day the child has never once left her mother's side. She decided to raise her in a different village in order to escape what she had done as well as to keep her daughter's innocence, and so she did.