四 | home

It has been about a week since her encounter with both the demons and not once has she stopped them thinking about them, to be more specific, Kokushibo. She walked down the streets of a quiet village as she was on her way back from a mission. The soft exchanging of words here and there and the clattering of pans and bowls from restaurants were all that filled the air. The sun stung as the wind refused to blow however the walk was peaceful, too peaceful.

"CAW! HEAD TO THE MASTER'S MANSION! CAW!" Kenji screamed as he swoped down to her.

Ah yes, that's much better. As some people shot weird glares at the young lady and her crow she also shot a dealy glare at the feathered animal. She grabbed him with brute force and held his beak shut. As she continued walking she wondered what did the Master want to see her for, what did she do now? Just then realisation hit her, she didn't report to him about her previous mission, the one where she met Akaza that is. She clicked her tongue as a sign of self disappointment. 

Her thoughts have been all over the place since their meeting. Kokushibo's voice was practically engraved in her mind. The deepness, coldness and the bittersweet ring to it just made her embaressed every time she remembered it. You have to forgive her, the interactions she ever had with men where either awkward or with Tanjiro and his buddies. Now she was also a bit socially awkward, it was a bit hard for her to hold a proper conversation with a guy, especially if he wasn't up to her liking. 

As she made her way to the Master's mansion she noticed Shinobu and the other Hashiras walking out of the estate, just then Shinobu also spotted the girl and walked over to her.

"Good morning (Y/n)-san" she greeted.

"Morning Shinobu, what's going on?" she questioned.

"There was a Hashira meeting, we got word about people going missing on some train or something" she explained, "But a Hashira has already been sent to take on the mission" she continued.

The girl made an 'O' shape with her mouth as she listened the Insect Hashira. They chatted for a bit then parted ways after making the agreement that they would meet up for lunch after she was finished talking to the Master. As the girl entered the mansion she said her greetings and proceeded to listen to what had to be said.

"(Y/n), you have not reported to me about your last mission, is everything alright?" Oyakata-sama questioned, his usual calm tone never wavering.

"Forgive me Oyakata-sama, the mission went well, I have encountered Upper Moon Three however he stated that he refused to fight women" she shrugged, "Forgive me Master, I am sorry to disappoint you" she bowed out of respect.

"There is no need to apologise my child, things like that happen sometimes. I see that you have once again gotten lucky with another Upper Moon encounter. I am glad you are safe" he stated with a small smile.

They conversed and discussed some more things before she bid her farewells as she headed off to meet Shinobu for lunch. As she made her to their regular lunch restaurant she noticed another girl with Shinobu. The girl looked about her age and height, she had pink and green hair and lime green eyes that complimented it well. Shinobu waved to the girl indicating her to come over.

"Did I make you wait" the girl questioned as she felt bad about the idea of making them wait for her.

"Not at all, we also just got here" Shinobu replied with her usual smile, "Also I would like you to meet another friend of mines, the Love Hashira, Mitsuri Kanroji" she introduced the other girl.

"It's nice to meet you Kanroji-san, my name is (Y/n) (L/n)" the girl introduced herself.

"Kyaa! Please call me Mitsuri! It's very nice to meet you as well (L/n)-san, Shinobu has told me much about you, but has never told me that you were this pretty!" the pink haired girl blushed.