八 | pity

Each night since that night the demon has been training the slayer until sunrise which resulted in her often feeling exhausted and burnt out to the max. Her muscles grew more sore each day, she was now sleep deprived and she has been slacking a bit on missions. Since she never exactly had an actual teacher, everything felt new to her. Kokushibo's training was what she would call merciless. Regardless of how many times she would cry and maybe throw a tantrum about wanting to take a break or for him to go easy on her, he never listened.

Now after some deep thought she mentally declared that if she could not handle training and going on missions then how would she ever become a Hashira? Sometimes there are sacrificies you must make in order to attain what you truly want, sometimes these sacrificies may even include all your peace and time however it would be worth it in the end.

"Finally, I can get some sleep.." she yawned as she entered her room.

She has been training with Kokushibo for about two weeks now and surprisingly this is the first time he has a mission to go on since then. In all honesty she was more than greatful to get a break and some rest. With her eyes glued to the ceiling as she was in deep thought, she wondered exactly how long has she known the demon.

After their first battle she met him again a few days later along with Upper Moon Three, Akaza. Then they met again when she moved into her 'new home' which was about a month and a half ago, he often visited her during that timing. And once again they met when he 'saved' her from Upper Moon Two, Douma and now she had been training with him for two weeks. It all summed up to her knowing the demon for about a two months and a week.

"Two whole months..and a week.?" she sighed as she sat down on the futon.

As she tried her best to make herself comfortable as she layed down, it didn't quite work. The feeling of sore back, leg and arm muscles really did not make things any better. After a few minutes her body finally relaxed  and within seconds she was knocked out cold.

With the moon resting in the middle of the midnight blue sky, the demon found himself walking into the house. His intention? Training. However his mindset seemed to change just for that night. As he stood infront the doorway of her room, his eyes absorbed the sight of her sleeping form. As she laid down on her side, the moonlight shone over her face through a small opened window in the room. Her body looked almost lifeless, the only thing that moved was the way her chest slowly rose and went back down when she breathed. 

His footsteps were already so silent that he was sure he would not wake her up as he stepped over to her sleeping form and knelt down. Her hair was all over the place which seemed to tick him off so he gently brushed some strands away from her face as he continued to observe her. Looking down at the palm of her hands, his eyes narrowed. Slightly bruised and blistered they were from lenghty hours of relentless training. Right there did he make his decision to let her rest.

"Wake up"

With those two words her body immediately jolted and her eyes widened in pure shock and slight fear as to who could've been here. Her heart slowly stopped racing when she saw the familiar demon sitting in his usual corner of her room.

"Seriously?" she scoffed while messaging her temples.

"Do you even realise what time of day it is?" he scoffed in returned.

Her eyes widened even more as she noticed how late it actually was. The mid day sun stung and radiated its heat throughout. She slept in late, really late.