六 | stupid saviour

"Light breathing, third form. Blinding Light"

The demon that stood a few feet away from her looked down at her as he tried to figure out what she mumbled under her breath as she took an attack stance. Within a blink of an eye she darted off into his direction swinging her blade in an attempt to attack him, in other words she was trying to kill him. Foolish isn't she? Why fight an Upper Moon if he was letting her live?

This decision was made because of all the built up guilt and self hatred she felt after her memory was refreshed with the consequences of having an sort of relationship with a demon.

The form she used was the third form she remade in her breathing style which she called Light Breathing which was basically a less powerful replica of Sun Breathing. The attack consisted of two continuous horizontal slashes which was aimed at the face of the opponent in order to somewhat cut their line of sight giving it its name, Blinding Light. The attack is a swift one so after blinding the opponent the user can take advantage of the short space of time made to cause further damage the opponent or even behead them if the user was lucky and skilled enough.

Her feet raised off the forest floor as she sped into his direction while lifting herself of the ground in order to get to his face. She swung her blade in motion to slice his eyes while her eyes seemed to glimmer due to the lack of reaction he had.

This could be her chance.

"You're a fool to think that would work on me"

His deep voice cut the air as her eyes widened. He was no longer infront of her. Her feet made contact with the ground as her head spun in the direction which his voice came from. He now stood a couple of feet behind her.

She let out an annoyed grunt as she charged at him again however this time he unsheathed his blade to join the battle. Both blades collided with great force as a loud clash filled the air. Her eyes made dead contact with a single pair of his as she let out a scoff.

"Why are you even here?" she questioned in an annoyed tone.

His eyes narrowed at her sudden question as he pushed her blade back with his, the impact causing her to skid away from him. Both the demon and the slayer stood apart and stared at each other. Two different set of thoughts ran through both their minds ; she wanted to just get rid of him while he wondered why did he even save her in the first place. 

If he said that he wouldn't kill her himself then why did he stop her from being killed by another demon? She was just a mere human after all.

His lack of response annoyed her even more, he can ask all the questions he wanted but when she did he never responds. What was even so interesting about her that made him feel somewhat attracted to her? Was it really just her blood? Or was it the fact that she has some sort of knowledge about his dead brother, Yoriichi.

The silence slowly refilling the air with only the sound of raindrops hitting the brown leaves on the forest floor as they studied each other, waiting for one to strike an attack. The water dripped off her face, her uniform was drenched yet it didn't seem to affect her, there was loud nagging thought in the back of her head to attack, just do it but something else held her back.

She thought to herself, why was she even trying to fight him, maybe he wasn't so bad, he wasn't going to kill her. As that thought crossed her mind she mentally slapper herself. How stupid of her to think that, even if he doesn't kill her exactly how many other people would he kill. She was just one person compared to thousands that were out there for him to kill. He was a demon, it was his nature, nothing can change his filthy ways.

With that last thought in mind she made the decision to head back into battle with him yet again. She leapt of the ground once more as she charged in his direction with the plan to use the same breathing form again. He blocked her blade from striking his face however she quickly used this opening to divert the attack to his neck though she had zero luck with that as he blocked that attack as well.