二 | encounters

"i'll bring him down, bring him down down"

Her job was to kill every demon she crossed paths with, so that is exactly what she planned to do..if only her body allowed her to. Her heart rate increased as she noticed him looking down at her figure as if he was trying to read her.

"Come on, come on, move! Fight! You have to kill him even if he's an upper moon! You can't chicken out of this!" she mentally pleaded.

"a king with no crown, king with no crown"

He was tall, very tall compared to her. Two slayer marks, one on his forehead, which looked fairly familiar to her, and one on his lower face. Spiky-ish long dark hair and six eyes. He also wielded a blade so she asumed that was his blood demon art. This was the man that the king of demons considered an equal yet all he had was the name of Upper Moon 1. Nothing else.

After finally snapping herself out of her little trance she managed to get a stronger grip on her blade and tried to cook up some plan. There was no way she could run away from this situation, for god's sake this man could slice her in pieces in a second. Her brain was malfunctioning at this point with the amount of mental pleas she was making.

"Oh god please he-"

"That uniform...you are a demon slayer...aren't you?" he said as he tilted his head a bit as he observed her.

His voice was low and deep, man she nearly shit herself after hearing him speak. Chills ran down her spine, her body trembled as he spoke.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?! OH MY GOD I'M DEAD! I'M DEAD! I'M DEAD!"" her brain cried out.

"It has been years since I've seen one of you..." he continued.

"MOTHER FUCKER WHAT DO I SAY TO THAT? DO YOU WANT ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF?"

"Do you not speak..?" he questioned in a slightly irritated tone.

"DOES HE REALLY EXPECT ME TO TALK TO HIM?"

Just then her eyes darted to where his hands moved, to his katana. Within a blink of an eye he drew his blade up to attack her. Adrenaline pumped through her veins as her muscles seemed to move on its own. She managed to dodge the attack as she skid off to the side. Finally snapping out of her daze and regaining composure she also drew her blade and got into a battle stance.

"Is your name Yoriichi?" she questioned as she observed the mark on his forehead.

His eyes widened as she mentioned that name. He grunted loudly with an annoyed look on his face as he attacked her again.

"I killed that man centuries ago" he said as his blade connected with her.

The pressure he applied on the blade caused her body to lower to shift a little as his body cowered over hers.

"And how do you know that name?" he scoffed.

She raised up with all the strength in her arms causing him to shift back a little. With that a battle begun. The violent clashes of blades rang throughout the forest. As they fought he managed to land a couple of blows on her but not once did her blade connect with his body. He was too skilled, I mean what did you expect from an upper moon.

The smell of her blood somewhat intoxicated his senses, it gave him some sort of 'motivation'. The scent drove him to kill her to consume her blood however she wasn't letting that happen so easily.

As she unleashed some of her techniques he noticed something oddly familiar about them. A little too familiar. He raised his blade in the air with the intention to chop her in half with one swing but blocked it by placing her's horizontally. Once again as the steel clashed he looked down at her as she did so to him.