𝟎𝟏. WOLF MOON

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝑜𝑛𝑒. 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧

Scott McCall inhaled a puff of his inhaler.

Again.

And again.

There was no reason in my right mind I should be doing this right now. I should be in bed, fast sleep, preparing for a busy first day of junior year tomorrow. But it was my last night of summer, and in Stiles words, we should 'live it up' since I was always the one 'bitching about how nothing happens in this town'. Leaves crunched beneath my boots as I quietly tried to sneak through the forest along side my best friends, Scott and Stiles. Usually, the woods were lifeless at night, the only things lurking in them would be the small woodland creatures, but tonight was different. It was swarmed with police from here in Beacon hills and the nearest three cities. And then there was Stiles, Scott and I who were insane to secretly tag along and them and look for the dead body they were all searching for. That's right, dead body; two hikers found it early this evening. It was cut in half...let me rephrase myself: someone cut it in half.

"And what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" Scott asked Stiles, as we climbed up a hill-drop off.

"Huh, I didn't think of that." Stiled shrugged it off like it was a simple everyday comment.

"It's great to know your little attention to detail never fails to keep you from planning these things and involving us." I spat. Scott pressed an inhaler to his mouth and breathed in a puff of the drug as he began wheezing. He pressed his back against a tree and tried catching his short breaths. Unlike Stiles, I waited for Scott and he finally took his first few steps up the hill. When I reached the top, both the boys fell down to the ground, Stiles pointing the flashlight forward.

"What are you idiots doing?" I asked, standing up. Stiles grabbed my wrist and forced me down to the ground. Then I saw what the boys were seeing, dozens of police were everywhere, shining their flashlight at random and holding back police dogs that were barking rabidly.

"Let's go!" Stiles ordered, shuffling up and running into the woods.

"Stiles!" Scott's call was muffled, his inhaler being pressed against his lips. We both scurried to catch up with him, dodging the beams of police flashlights.

"Stiles!" I called. He turned around but then a dog barked behind him, causing him to clumsily fall over. Shoot, we were caught. I pressed my body behind a tree. From where I stood, Scott was doing the same.