𝟏𝟎. PAIN

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝑡𝑒𝑛 . 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧

She was passed out. Cold. Her breathing was steady and slow, like she was in a deep sleep. But she was completely knocked out. A pained, but quiet, groan escaped a mans mouth as he bent down. His hands tucked a piece of hair behind her ear after he turned her around onto her back, a few drips of blood smearing on his fingertips. The gym smelled strongly of blood, a mixture of her own and the dead janitor mangled in the rafters of the bleachers. He might even smell some of his own blood. The girl looked peaceful, even thought what she just went through was the complete opposite.

"Stilinski, what is your boy doing here?" The footsteps and voice of multiple cops were coming straight for the gym. A pair of lips lightly came in contact with the girls, and suddenly, the man was gone.

"Got me, you know him, he's always—the hell? Katherine?" Sheriff Stilinski stopped dead in his tracks as he entered the poorly lit gym. "Katherine!" He called, him and his partners quickly rushed over to the passed out girl. The Sheriff knelt down, checking the girls pulse. As he reached around to lift her up, he felt his hand come in contact with something sticky and liquid. He pulled his hand back, a red stain tainting his fingers.

A hard, loud, pounding entered my head as I slowly came back to consciousness. I had just broken apart from a dream that seemed so real, I had been passed out in the gym. Derek, at least I thought it was Derek, had come for me after the Alpha attack but Sherriff Stilinski came, interrupting our moment. My eyes were closed, but I could still see the harsh light in the room. Soon enough, the sounds of multiple people talking from all different distance's came into earshot. I could hear a wrap of tape being unrolled. A cold wind touched my shoulders and the goose bumps on my arms grew larger. Slowly, I inched my eyes open to be blinded by a giant white florescent overhead. I turned my head to the right and observed my surroundings. Sitting up, my bones and muscles shot aching pain through out my body. I was sitting in an ambulance. An EMT was helping a man sitting on the edge of it. Outside the ambulance, it was still night. Tons of blue, red, and white lights were flashing from police cars. My vision caught the sight of my brown jacket strewn over a chair in the corner of the ambulance.

"How are you feeling?" A young EMT to my left startled me.

"What happened?" I asked, pinching the sides of my temples.

"The police found you in the gymnasium, a bit scratched up. Do you remember what happened?" A policeman climbed into the ambulance, mumbling something to the EMT working on the man in front of me.