𝟎𝟓. MAGIC BULLET, PART ONE

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒. 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Why I was awake in the middle of the night, I couldn't figure out. Insomnia was a bitch, and I'd be feeling its result in the morning. Sitting in a dark room was one of my worst fears. It made me extremely uncomfortable. It wasn't that I thought a serial killer would come climbing through my window or a possessed child would come grab me from my sheets—but those thoughts did get changed to werewolves lately—it wasn't that at all. Lying here got me thinking, and once I started thinking, there was no stopping. I'd go back and think about every single mistake I've ever made. My mind could wander all the way back to something miniscule I did back in the ninth grade, or maybe at how awkward I was, but it always wandered back and made me feel sick. There was something about sitting in the darkness of my room that made me feel this way. As I considered turning my light on, and going downstairs for a drink, but something caught my attention. No one would hear it if they weren't sitting in the complete utter silence of the two-forty five morning. A howl pierced the silence of the air. It wasn't the howl of an innocent dog; it was the howl of one of the Beacon Hills werewolves. What the hell was Scott doing out howling at the moon this late at night? Snatching my phone off my dresser, I sent Scott a quick text before finally falling asleep.

I don't know what you're doing howling at the moon at almost three in the morning, but whatever it is can wait.

When eight in the morning came around, I poured the coffee down my throat and pounded the concealer under my eyes to hide the dark circles revealing little sleep. Walking into school after my mom dropped me off, I tried to keep myself from stressing that I could barely keep my eyes open. Easily, I spotted Stiles standing at his locker with Scott by his side. As I walked closer to them, I could hear their conversation.

"At least you didn't have to pick her up, she reeked of Derek and my car did too." As Scott complained Stiles began making hand gestures to try to get him to stop.

"Who reeked of Derek?" I put on the fakest smile while approaching the boys.

"Oh boy, you really need to learn when to stop talking." Stiles sighed.

"Hey, you can't blame me if my car smelled like Derek from you."

"It was like three days ago, get over it." I ordered, giving Scott an uncomfortable stare. He rolled his eyes, slamming his locker shut. After Scott and Derek's little fight Thursday night, Scott had unwontedly taken me home. That night was the last time I heard from Derek. He hadn't called, texted, visited, or any of that. And truthfully, it pissed me off. But he was just some guy, I wouldn't let it get to me.