𝟐𝟎. HISTORY REPEATING

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 . 𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Derek's eyes weakly blinked open. His vision was blurry; all he could see in the dark room was silhouettes. From the looks of it, he could see the shape of a body laid out on the floor. Derek had a hard time remembering what happened, and why exactly he was here...wherever here was. As the haze over his vision cleared the first thing he realized that here was in his families old cellar adjacent to the Hale house. They used to keep newly turned werewolves here when they couldn't control themselves just yet. Almost immediately after realizing where he was, he spotted the body on the ground. Her dark hair was strewn above her, some of it laid on her outstretched arm under her head. The girls make up was still basically intact, minus the leftover stain of lipstick that tainted her lips.

Katherine.

They took Katherine.

A red-hot anger swelled inside Derek's body as he stared at her. Her legs and parts of her arms were stained with dirt, no doubt from when she fell because Scott tackled her. He figured her dress was too, but it was so dark he couldn't tell. Her hair, which earlier Derek had noticed frames her face in perfect, soft curls, had fallen quite a bit. She was missing her heels too, her feet were bare and the soles were black from dirt. He had this overwhelming urge to rip Kate and the rest of the Argent family apart. He presumed the person that shot him and Katherine down in the woods, with wolfsbane-chloroform darts no less, was Kate. He had smelled her around, but he believed that wasn't the worst of his problems as Scott was chasing down Katherine in the woods, Peter's doing of course.

"Katherine." Derek dry voice spoke up. There was no response.

"Katherine, wake up!" he growled. He knew the girl wasn't dead since he could still hear a heartbeat. She was just unresponsive, like she was in a deep sleep from the amount of chloroform Kate had given her. But she had no time to stay in this sleep; they had to get out of there before Kate killed them. Derek became more frustrated as time went by and she still hadn't woken up. He had to get them both out of here. He pulled on the chains that were wrapped around his wrists but they didn't budge. They were werewolf proof, and of course Kate made sure of that before she brought them here. Damn it! He couldn't stand how weak he felt. Kate sure did know how to take down a werewolf.

"Ah, look who's finally awake." Kate's obnoxious voice drifted into the room. Derek's head peered up, he never heard the metal doors creak open. That's how weak and out of it he was. As usual, Derek said nothing. He glared at her with hatred filled eyes.