𝟎𝟑. FAMILIAR FACES

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬

Scott was like a stranger to me. I've known him for almost all of my life, and he was like a stranger. It was like I didn't know who he was anymore, who the real Scott McCall was. I felt entitled to have a bit of control in my life, and Scott being around me, being able to shift into a werewolf at any given second, it didn't make me feel in control. Keeping my distance from him this week was more complicated than I thought. Since Allison and Stiles were Scott and I's only good friends, he was with either of them at all times. Scott and Stiles knew I was keeping my distance, that this was a choice I'd make on my own, whether or not I would still stay around Scott or not. The problem was, he was still the same old Scott; there was just another part of him added to that. And it was dangerous.

"Kat? KAT?" Stiles yelled, clapping his hands to get my attention.

"Huh? What?" My head lifted up, craning over to him.

"We're here." Stiles alerted with a confused look on his face, he was standing outside the car, his backpack in his hands. Then I noticed how we were at school.

"Right," I sighed, grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

"Have I mentioned how sorry I was?" Stiles hung a heavy arm across my shoulder. He was aware of my strange personality these past few days.

"Only about seventy-two times,." I took his arm and placed it back by his side, "it's not your fault".

"We should have told you. It would have broke the news a little bit quicker."

"Stiles, whether you broke the news in one second flat or over three days, I still would have felt the same. It's a big shock to you when you discover your best friends some supernatural creature of the night, not to mention while he's trying to kill you."

"With me being me, I'm surprised how easily I took it. And he tried to strangle me." I looked to Stiles in terror. He tried strangling him?

"Not helping am I?" He bit his lip. I shook my head furiously, my lips parted to scared to say anything.

"Stiles, Kat." Scott ran up to us, his head lifted to meet our eyes. My mind flashed to how he looked Saturday night, but I shook it off. I couldn't be afraid of Scott forever.

"What's wrong?" Stiles wondered. From there, Scott explained his nightmare to us. He dreamt of mauling Allison in a bus.

"It was so realistic." Scott complained, as we pushed open the doors to exit one of the school buildings, we gasped at the sight in front of us.