Chapter I: The Professor

"In this world I am a Soldier, in the last a poet, maybe in the next I shall be the King at your side."

Enzo Bane, was the only son of Alexander Bane and Elizabeth Taylor

Enzo Bane, was the only son of Alexander Bane and Elizabeth Taylor. An only child condemned to isolation.

Born to an honest Doctor and gentle Nurse, he would spend his hours roaming the halls of dust bitten bookshelves, reading the words of thousands.

Until 1940, where both his mother and father would be suspended by their patriot indifference and conscripted to the war.

He spent hours packing, a small suitcase of his belongings, irritated at its expectation to fit the contents of thirteen years into a mere thirty kilograms of luggage.

His father observed him, dawned in his officer dress, leaning idly against the doorway of his sons bedroom, "It's not forever, Enzo, you'll be home before you know it."

Enzo nodded, silently, tears clouding his vision, as he fought their attempts to surpass his eyes, valiantly.

A quiet sigh echoed from Alexander, as he, enveloping his son in a strong embrace.

"It's alright mate, think of it as a holiday, and when it's over, mum and I will come and get you, and we'll come home as a family, alright?" Enzo nodded wordlessly into his fathers shoulder, his uniform damp from tears,

"Promise?" The man nodded with a small reluctant smile,

"Promise, now you finish up in here and we'll head to the station alright, bud?" Enzo nodded slowly cramming the remaining clothes into his case.

Alexander's eyes skimmed his sons room, bare of its liveliness, stripped of the joy it once inhabited, the war bleaching their lives of its enjoyment as he sauntered downstairs.

"How is he?" His wives gentle tone, encroached the tense atmosphere,

"Upset, understandably, I just hope this war ends sooner rather than later, he's just a boy, he deserves to be with his mother and father, not being sent away to avoid fucking air raids." Elizabeth nodded hugging her husband delicate arms suspending him in serenity temporarily.

"I know my love, but we have to be strong, for him." The man nodded his larger hands clasping his wife's smaller digits.

The bustling platform, proved difficult to navigate, his parents pushing through crowds of people with his hands clasped in their own.

Alexander gazed down to his son, their eyes level, "The Professor will send his housekeeper Mrs. Macready, to fetch you, alright, bud, I want you to remember your manners and abide by any of the rules they have do you understand me, Enzo?"