Chapter XIII: DLF

"Your just not what I expected, except maybe him, he's exactly what I expected."

Metal ground against itself as they walked, swords decorating Enzo's physique, as his old clothes cling desperately to his protruding muscles

The sight of two soldiers attempting to drown a dwarf, irritating as Susan released an arrow, and knocked another in silent preparation.

"Drop him!" Enzo unsheathed his blade, baring the metal in a threatening manner as the soldiers faced them wide eyed and scarce.

They threw him overboard, attempting to flee unsuccessfully, meanwhile, Enzo stripped of his clothing diving with a precise precision to rescue the Narnia creature.

He hauled the dwarf, from the bottom of the body of water, Lucy rushing to relieve him of his restraints, as Enzo's muscle rippled against the cool breeze.

"Drop him! That's the best you can come up with." Enzo ground his jaw, eyes narrowly observing the dwarf.

"Careful dwarf, we saved you life." Susan nodded handing her husband his clothes, water soaking his hair and skin violently, as harsh rays of light glistened against his prominent back muscles.

"A simple thank you would suffice." The dwarf scoffed violently refuting Enzo's statement, his words aggressive as he hollered,

"They were doing just fine drowning me without your help." Enzo scoffed, his shirt now covering broad shoulders,

"Yeah, well perhaps we should have let them." Lucy elbowed Enzo harshly, the older boy grunting at the force the girl exhibited.

"Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Her voice was gentle, a stark contrast to Enzo's harsh tone,

"Their Telmarines, thats what they do." Edmunds brows furrowed perplexed as his cool diplomatic reason echoed the landscape,

"Telmarines, in Narnia?" The dwarf stared at the group confused at their obvious ignorance to the now unfamiliar environment.

"Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" Enzo coughed uncomfortably, while Susan handed him his swords, allowing him the opportunity to reinstate their positions decorating both his back and waist.

"It's a bit of a long story." The dwarves eyes trailed the sword that graced Peters and Enzo hip, his eyes widening comically,

"Oh you've got to be kidding me. Your it, your the Kings and Queens of old?" Peter nodded satisfied as he held out his hand,

"High King Peter, the magnificent." Enzo chuckled deeply, as Susan perused to reduce her brothers ego, as was her usual practice,

"You probably could have left of the last bit." The dwarf chuckled with a small grin,

"Probably." He resigned stepping backwards as he unsheathed his blade,

"You might be surprised." The dwarf laughed heartily,

"Oh you don't want to do that boy." Peters gaze befell Enzo, of whom shook his head, nodding toward Edmund a gifted swordsman in his own right.

"Not me, him." The sword befell the dwarves grip, as Peter handed it to him, Edmund circling the Narnia, with a sly smirk.

The dwarf gained the upper hand, initially, until Edmund, remembered the training he had received years prior, from Centaur to Dwarf, Minotaur to Griffin, it was ensured that he had been trained efficiently against all potential threats, not discounting even the smallest of foes.

He was efficient, disarming the dwarf, coaxing an expression of deep amazement to befall him.
"Beardy, beard sticks, maybe that horn worked after all."

Susan gazed at her husband her expression deeply confused, "What horn?"

Enzo's eyes widened slightly as he deduced the only possible outcome, Susan's horn, the enchanted object, missing from her chest was in another's hand.

The dwarf gazed at Enzo with a wide expression, "And your their protector."

Enzo nodded stoically, offering his hand, "Captain Enzo Wolfsbane, of the Kings and Queens Guard."

"There so still

"There so still." The Dwarf scoffed eyes glazing over the trees,

"Their trees, what do you expect?" Lucy's frown deepened, her eyes attended to the devastation.

"They use to dance." Enzo nodded an arm wrapped around Lucy as tears welled in her eyes observing the landscape saddened at its lack of vibrancy.

"It's wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded, those who survived retreated to the woods. And the trees, they retreated so deep into themselves that haven't been heard from since." Enzo jaw clenched harshly, the repetitive narrative of foreign invader's devastating their land, provoking his anger,

"I don't understand, how could Aslan have met this happen?" The Narnia scoffed, his eyes absent of Narnian adoration for their beloved lion. "And what about Kallias?"

Enzo sighed the absence of his friend, coaxing the smile and joy from their return, the dwarf stating the truth absent of a gentle tone,
"Aslan? Thought he abandoned us when you lit did."

Enzo shook his head, his words harbouring the painful truth, "We didn't have a choice."

The dwarf shook his head uncaring, as he stared at the young monarchs, "It doesn't matter now."

Enzo grasped Susan's hand securely his words stoic yet sincere, "Get us to what's left of the Narnian people, and it will."

The water shimmered against the bright rays of light, the Pevensie siblings dismounting from the boat, as Lucy scampered to great the bear that occupied the pebble beach.

Enzo watched on cautiously, immediately unsheathing his sword as the bear, showed obvious signs of malicious intent.

"Don't move your majesty." The bear ran viciously toward Lucy, Susan drawing back her bow to release an arrow, however she remained reluctant as her husband charged to tussle with the bear.

"Enzo!" The bear latched into his shoulder, his mind pummelled by the memories of Maulgrim, mauling that same shoulder.

His sword pierced the animals heart, blood cascading his clothes, as he collapsed. The familiar sweet taste of Lucy's juice, retrieving him from unconsciousness.

"You idiot, I thought you were dead." Enzo chuckled, Susan's delicate digits, trailing his jaw,

"You can't get rid of me that easily, your Grace." Susan giggled with tear still clouding her vision as she buried her face into his chests.

Trumpkin, chuckled loudly his eyes swarming with disbelief the young Knights wanton display of bravery. "I think you've proved your point, you protect them, there was no reason to nearly get yourself killed."