Chalter XVIII: Reunion

"Humans are afraid of what they do not understand."

Susan clung to him, reluctant to release him, as if the moment he limps from sight, he would cease to exist

Enzo gazed down at her with a small understanding smile, "I'm not going anywhere, my love."

She nodded slowly still unrelenting from her pursuit to maintain as little distance between the pair, as was manageable, "I know, but I just can't stop thinking about leaving you, I watched you die, but your here, and you brought the Narnians we all thought were dead, with you."

He chuckled softly, a calloused hand tracing her back as they lay, upon a temporary bed constructed for the duration of the time they'd spend in Aslan's How.

"What can I say, I duelled death and won." Susan sighed loudly attempting a laugh but failing as tears burdened her eyes,

"I can't lose you." Enzo nodded kissing her forehead softly,

"I know."

They lay in the solace of their shared temporary bed chamber until a faint pain erupted in Enzo's shoulder and abdomen

He instinctively retrieved his sword, hurrying toward the distant horizon of where anguished yells emitted.

A familiar chill but at his exposed skin, a shiver travelling his back as he was faced with a cold wind.

A werewolf attacked Edmund and Peter faced the Witch herself.

Sharp steel, peirced the woods fur, coaxing blood to furnish the sword. Edmund nodded in thanks as Enzo tackled Peter from the circle that tempted him.

The ice cracked, the witch gasping as a sword penetrated the ice that housed her disheveled form.

He glared at Peter harshly his words as cold as the ice that not plagued the tomb, "I know, you had it sorted."