Chapter XIX: The Duel

"I could spend a thousand lifetimes away from you, and I'd never love another."

His horse galloped through the trees, harshly

His horse galloped through the trees, harshly. Edging closer toward Susan and Lucy.

Distantly he could here hear the low reverberating sounds of men shouting.

He approached swiftly his gaze trailing the men that threatened his wife, he revealed his sword, the blade slicing through the rider that had glared maliciously at his wife.

"I thought I told you to be careful." Susan rolled her eyes with a small smile, as he hoisted her upon the horses back.

"Your supposed to be with the troops in Aslan's How." Enzo chuckled lowly, a sly smirk encompassing thin lips,

"Yes well last time I checked love comes before duty."

They rode harshly returning to where their troops resided, approaching cautiously as they wanted Peter duelling with Miraz.

He dismounted swiftly aiding his wife in her gracious decent, his expression as the sight of his brother in law, limping slowly toward them.

"Lucy?" Susan calmed his anxiousness, her words easing the sinking gut feeling that he was experiencing,

"She got through... with a little help." She smiled at her husband gently, her expression soft as Enzo looked back with a similar look of pride.

Peter embraced Enzo, his words quiet, "Thank you, Brother."

The soldier smiled a hand hovering over his uninjured shoulder, "Well you were busy, your Grace."

A grunt passed through Peter, as he spoke, "You better get up there, I don't expect the Telmarines will keep their word." Susan nodded embracing her brother, as the anxiety clawed at her throat. Both he and Susan retreated into the tomb, a parting kiss as they departed from each other. Susan residing with the archers and Enzo spearheading the main Narnian troops.

Enzo paced anxiously, a wave of relief embracing him, at the news that Miraz was dead albeit not by a Narnian's hand, and that Peter remained alive for the foreseeable future, however that the Telmarine has as expected gone against their word and marched upon Aslan's How with the intention of slaughtering the Narnian people.

He and his soldiers, raced from the underground fortress, the ground shaking as stone spheres were launched toward their people.

They emerged from the ground, the earth caving in as they charged, "For Aslan!"

The battle raged on, the Telamarine troops outweighing the Narnian numbers, however the Narnians still fought proudly, a true testament to their people and to their courage and strength.