Chapter IX: Ugly Affairs

"I've won battle with far worse odds."

The troops surged foreword, enemies and friends clashing in a bloodied frenzy

Peter turned to Enzo eyes imploring,
"Are you with me?"

Enzo nodded baring his visor across his face,
"Till the death, my King."

Peter nodded releasing a shuddered breath, raising his sword, "For Narnia, and for Aslan."

Troops ran foreword weapons drawn as they clashed foes and friends falling all the same.

The horn blared loudly, Enzo drawing his steed to the rocks alongside Peter. Arrows flew through the air impaling both Enzo and Peters stallions.

Enzo was thrown from his saddle harshly confronted by the rocks that his back connected with forming an echoing grunt as the boulders decorating the landscape prompted his howl of pain.

He stood slowly, unsteady as the pair throbbed through his body. His fought valiantly, despite the numbers favouring the evil that plagued Narnia.

The battle was against their favour Enzo's cry to Peter begging that he retreat, "Edmund, go there's too many of them, leave find Susan and Lucy and take them home."

He continued his efforts fighting despite the pain and blood decorating his armour.

Edmund disregarded his order, charging at the witch's, his sword breaking the wand she carried into redundant shards, however still impaling his abdomen.

Enzo grunted drowning in the pain as he felt himself endure Edmunds suffrage, he charged at the Witch, seething with fury.

"You can't protect them, Captain, your weak, useless and their going to die because of it." Enzo grunted his sword battling with her own,

"I won't let you touch them." He fought violently attacking her without respite, the sound of Aslan and Kallias' roar distracting her, the sight of the lion vessel hung her with fear.

Enzo capitalised on the opportunity to drive his sword through her abdomen, drawing blood with a smirk, "What was that about being useless?"

A Minotaur tackled him, the pair engaging in a violent frenzy, Enzo emerging victories as he stood above the beast, vision blurry as he saw Susan rushing toward him. "Enzo!"

Her violence lulled him into a serene silence as he lay silently, pain enveloping his body, the adrenaline draining from his figure.

Lucy rushed to administer her healing liquid, the solution sweet against his tongue, the pain relinquishing its hold upon him.

"I hadn't realised how tiring war would prove to be." Susan chuckled her forehead pressing against his own sweaty skin,

"We'll you might just have to get used to it, Captain Enzo." Enzo chuckled mock saluting the young woman and her demanding tone,