Chapter XI: Boyfreind

"I could kill him with my bare hands. Don't tempt me."

My Dearest Wife,

My Dearest Wife,

I find so often lately that I spend a large proportion of my days pouring over maps, debating strategy silently.

I fear my parents must think I've gone entirely mad, but they've yet to comment, as they've also yet to comment on my ring.

I wear it dutifully as they've come to understand I won't take it of, despite the lingering stares of their colleagues and friends.

One nurse asked if I understood the meaning of a ring on that particular finger, my response was short as it so often is, 'I know.' It earned me a lecture on manners however I notice I am spending less and less time with my parents, and more time pouring over parchment, posting letter, receiving them.

My father intends to continue to provoke my desire to peruse medicine, following in his own footsteps and taking over his beloved practice, however I find less desire to do so as the days pass slowly.

He also seems curious at my sudden developmental desire to gain more favourable physical attributes, as I work alongside my Uncle, hauling heavy objects to and from daily, he seems almost disappointed, but it's comforting to know that I'm bound to be as tall as muscular as I once was.

I don't sleep as comfortably alone as I did with you in our shared bed chamber, I find sleep alludes me without the quiet sound of your breath to lull me to sleep.

To answer your question, my father has reluctantly agreed to send me to Hendon House, he had hoped to register me at Eton, but something had changed his mind, my mother perhaps, she seems to understand my need to be around you and your siblings greater than my father.

I believe she thinks that we all bonded over the trauma from the war, from the air raids, she doesn't seem to understand nor would I expect her to, that it runs deeper, much deeper.

I can't even begin to explain how aggravating people I once consider friends to have become. They don't seem to want to drop the subject that I now have a girlfriend.

Even so that word remains bitter on my tongue, no matter how much, I try to convince myself that it's not the truth, it's still difficult to say, instead of, she's my wife.

One reminded me of a suitor you once had arrogant and overly confident, upon seeing a picture of you he claimed he'd steal you from me.

He found that my punches are a harsh as they seem. I'll see you next week at the train station.

All my love,
Your doting husband.

The streets were vibrant with life, as Enzo meandered the street in search of the Pevensie siblings, the sight of his wife, coaxed a bright smile, until he noticed the prescience at her side

He walked over wrapping an arm around her shoulder, as he glared at the boy attempting to construct conversation, "Come my love, we're going to be late."

Susan giggled quietly, walking with Enzo, as they found Lucy, a panicked shout prompting their increased pace, "Susan! Enzo!"

They pushed through idly spectators, to see that Peter was fighting with three other boys, and he was losing harshly.

Enzo handed Susan his case, kissing her with a soft smile as he aided Peter. Edmund entering soon after, the fight now fair, faired better for the golden haired boy.

Enzo confronted the largest of the boys, the boy smaller than him, and skinnier than his burly posture.

The boy swung savagely, Enzo narrowly missing the punch before eliciting some of his own hits, the boys falling against the stone of the underground tunnels.

The fight waged on, sweat descending Enzo's forehead as he attacked the two boys hurting Peter, until two elderly men, in soldiers dress interrupted their tirade.

"Hey!" Enzo hoisted Peter to his feet, the older boys scampering from the scene. "Act your age!"

Enzo nodded silently retreating toward where Susan and Lucy stood, the five collapsing onto a bench, loud huffs chuffing through his large chest. Edmund eyed Peter with a scowl scoffing as he spoke,

"Your welcome." Peters eyes were furrowed as they glared at Edmund,

"I had it sorted." Peter stood messy hair clinging to his face,

"What was it this time?" Enzo chuckled an arm around his wife as she glared at her brother,

"He bumped me." Lucy voice echoed, softly, disappointed at her brother arrogant behaviour,

"So you hit him?" Peter shook his head, still irritated at the ordeal,

"No, after he bumped me, they tried to make me apologise. That's when I hit him." Enzo chuckled deeply, grunting when Susan elbowed him, a violent indication that he should remain silent.

"Really is it that hard to walk away, or do you feel compelled to implicate my husband in your stupidity?" Enzo's eyes grazed the station floor, Susan's words reminding him painfully of their time in Narnia, insensately committing idiotic acts that would often merits those words.

"I shouldn't have to, I mean don't you get tired of being treated like a kid?!" Enzo silently sympathised, often receiving the treatment from his own father, however noble Alexander's intentions may have been.

"Um, we are kids." Edmund pointed out with an exhaustive tone,

"We'll I wasn't always. It's been a year, how long does he expect us to wait?" Peters lips was succeeded by a crestfallen expression, obviously disappointed at their lack of advancement on their return to Narnia.

"I think it's time to accept that we live here, it's no use pretending any different." The three remaining siblings peered at Susan with narrow eyes,

"So your just going to pretend you and Enzo were never married?" Enzo went to refute Peters statement violently defending his wife's words until a piercing screech, paused the syllables perching on his tongue and the words died in his throat.

"Ow!" Lucy cried out in pain, coaxing Enzo's immediate attention, eyes wide as they observed her for any injuries.

"Quiet Lu." Susan chastised, people attention drawn to the loud noise.

"Something pinched me." Peter was next to complain, pointing at Edmund to assume blame,

"Hey, stop pulling." Edmund furrowed his brows, aggressively denying responsibility.

"I'm not touching you." The siblings all stood Enzo following suit as an aura of magical intent surrounded them, their hand locking as the train passed and the station faded from sight, replaced with the enchanting setting of a place all to familiar.