Chapter XV: Caspian

"Do you want to die, disrespect them again and I'll deliver your bloodied and beaten body to your Uncle myself."

That morning, Enzo was woken by his wife, shaking him anxiously as she noticed the absence of her sister and eldest brother

"Enzo, it's Lucy and Peter their gone."

His chest heaved at the sound of the missing siblings, rousing from his sleep, a sword in a vice grip as he bolted through the forest desperately attempting to find them.

Susan hurried to follow him, the sharp edge of his blade bared as he crossed swords with an unfamiliar presence.

He intercepted the man's attempt at duelling with Peter, harshly rebuffing the attempt as he disarmed the foreign figure, exposing his neck to the blade of his sword.

Lucy's outcry to cease the violence was the only phenomenon preventing him from ending the man's life. "Stop!"

A large number of Narnians revealed themselves from the shadows of the forest, centaurs, fauns and dwarfs alike all exposing their weapons.

Enzo marvelled at the sight, familiar Narnian citizens surrounding him as, he threatened the Telmarines looking figure.

Susan, Edmund and Trumpkin soon followed, Susan's disheveled appearance rushing toward her husband to observe him for injuries. "Prince Caspian?"

The question lingered Enzo smiling at the blood trickling from his nose and lip satisfying to see,
"Yes, and who are you?"

Susan called for her husband loudly coaxing him from his harsh mental state, nearly demanding that he end the life of the person threatening his entrusted royals. "Enzo! Peter!"

"Captain Enzo?" Caspian eyes glazed the pommel of his sword, Enzo nodding glaring harshly at the man, as Peter spoke his voice enthused with sarcasm,

"I believe you called?" The Prince observed the monarch with a dumbfounded expression,

"I expected you to be older." Enzo chuckled deeply, grunting slightly as Susan flicked his ear inducing his silence.

Peter rolled his eyes edging toward his siblings disinterested at the Princes words,
"We'll if you like, we could come back in a few years."

"No, no that's alright, your just, you're not exactly what I expected, except him..." His eyes trailed Enzo's large, and muscular figure, "He's exactly what I expected." Enzo huffed proudly, his sword reinstated to its sheathe, screeching in resistance as it was once again silenced.

Caspian gaze lingered slightly upon Susan, Enzo's eyes narrowing at his stare, he wrapped an arm around Susan's waist protectively, drawing Caspian's stare to his eyes swarmed dangerously with malicious intent.

Edmund agreed his eyes wide at the sight of Minotaurs, creatures once personified as enemies, working alongside Badgers and other woodland creatures that fought valiantly for Narnia against the Witch.
"We'll neither are you."

Badger spoke up, his voice calm, even as he addressed the monarchs, "A common enemy, unites even the oldest of foes."

Reepicheep stepped foreword, addressing Peter with David enthusiasm, "We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service."

Lucy addressed Susan quietly, Enzo's attention drawn at Caspian's still lingering gaze, as he craned his neck to administer a hushed whisper into Susan's ear, "If he keeps staring at you like that, I'll kill him with my bare hands."

Susan cocked a brow observing her jealous husband with an expression that chastised him without the necessary words to accompany it.

Peters words drawing him from his spiral of jealousy. "Good, because we're going to need every sword we can get." Caspian nodded slowly,

"Well then, you'll probably be wanting yours back." Peter sheathed his sword, continuing to meander through the woods, conversing with Caspian regularising weapons and numbers.

A temple revealed itself from the woods, the entrance lined with Centaurs, as the four siblings began their descent, Enzo following closely behind a pace behind.

"It may not be what you are used to, but it is defensible." Enzo nodded silently, subconsciously meandering through the rooms of weaponry, examining the armour, with the poise of a captain.

"Old habits die hard I suppose." Enzo cocked a brow observing his wife curiously,

"What habits, my love?" Susan quirked a brow indicating toward the scrutinising glare he travelled with,

"I remember having to drag you from the blacksmiths a number of times before a battle, or the armoury or the stable. Your referring to old habits, Captain." Her tone was teasing and Enzo chuckled as he embraced her,

"Perhaps your right my darling, but don't think I didn't notice your gaze earlier, looking for places to stand with your bow." Susan conceded rolling her eyes as she pecked her husbands cheek, her chin perched on his shoulder,

"I don't like Caspian." Susan moved to observe her husbands face with a perplexed stare,

"Why?" Enzo's tone deflated and Susan's deduced his distaste from the sound of harsh syllables crossing his tongue.

"The way he stared at you, his arrogance." Susan giggled quietly her husband's jealously humorous,
"What?" He questioned, as Susan shook her head,

"Nothing it's just I've never seen you like this before, this jealous I mean." Enzo scoffed leaning against the nearest stone pillar available,

"I have been, I've just hidden it really well. There have been a number of incidents in the past, but you were preoccupied and I dealt with them quietly." Susan scoffed her eyes trailing the walls engraved with drawings,

"What are these?" Enzo's calloused palm traced the drawing, venturing deeper into the cave,

"Go find Peter, he needs to see this." Susan nodded departing dutifully to find her brother leaving her husband to explore the halls and eventually discover the stone table that lay broken as the rooms centre piece.

The five found Enzo, meandering through the room, a torch in hand as he observed the drawing on the wall, Caspian lighting the circle of fire that surrounded the room.

Lucy turned toward Susan, her expression desperate as she spoke, "He must know what he's doing."

Peters eyes grazed over the stone engravings, "I think it's up to us now."

Enzo nodded a heavy breathe slipping through thin lips, "Fucking hell."