Chapter Eleven

A week later

River's POV:

We were finishing up for the night at work, working long hours all week to get projects completed. Caitlyn was getting ready to go but I needed to continue for a few more hours at the least. We have been okay since that night at mine, but haven't had one since, maybe at some point this weekend since it was Friday.

"Hey, you aren't going to sleep here right?" Caitlyn asked as she made her way to my desk.

"No, that's not the plan, just a few more hours, then I'll be going home" I told her and she nodded and walked to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and then left. I continued to work.

It was around 8pm when I decided to leave, signing out and making sure everything was okay, I walked to my car but not before hearing a voice a few feet away from me. I turned to see Jordan and three other guys next to him. Jordan and two of them were holding tire irons and the other I saw the small glint of a blade. I opened my car door to put my bag in and then eyed the bat I kept. Staying near my car, I looked to the boys.

"Jordan, what are you doing here so late and with friends for that matter, you're trespassing my property since you were fired?" I asked him but he shook his head and pointed his weapon to me while speaking.

"You think I care about that right now, after what happens to you now, you're going to wish you didn't fire me" he shouted at me and I looked around to see if anyone heard.

"This is about firing you? Grow up man, fight your battles yourself and not bring friends to help" I told him and leaned down to grab hold of the bat but not show it.

"It's not just that, you also embarrassed me in front of Caitlyn" he said and now I was listening to his words since he mentioned her.

"Let's not bring Caitlyn into this, you shouldn't of been so rude and treat women like things" I said back and focused my gaze back and fourth between them.

"Let's get this over with, after we are done with you, Caitlyn will be free and I will do the taking" he said and laughed and with that I grabbed the bat and shut my door and walk to them as they approached me.

I kept in line with the one who had the knife wanting to take him out first but I knew I was going to get hit straight after, so as he lunged with the knife I quickly side stepped him and swung the bat at his legs hard making him fall and scream out in pain but then I did as two tire irons collided with me, one in the back and the other at the side of my ribs. I stumbled away and held my side, definitely going to break a few bones here tonight.

One swung with the tire iron and I parried it off with my bat and quickly swung again at his arm making him stumble and then I felt metal hit my leg making me grab my leg and hop on the other.

"Fuck you all!" I shouted as I focused on Jordan and ran at him, dodging his swing and tackling him to the ground, he got a punch in at me but I kneed him in the crotch and quickly got up to swing the bat into his side hard making him cry out, knowing I probably just broke a rib.

One of the others grabbed the knife and I stupidly went to grab it but he caught my hand making a large gash appear and blood drip out. I grabbed one of the tire irons and threw it at the guy holding the knife making him wince as it hit him, leaving one guy alone making me swing my bat and hit him in the legs at the knees, making him crumble too.

Wasn't long till I heard nearby sirens and I looked to the company to see one of the overnight workers there on their phone, the cameras will have proof, I got in my car and drove away leaving the four of them writhing in pain.

I drove to Caitlyn's, if I had gone home Sasha would ask questions and go out with a gun to kill who hurt me and I didn't want that... yet.

I got out and slowly made my way to the door, holding my hand and feeling the pain in my back and legs set in. I knocked the door quickly and when she opened it her jaw dropped and she quickly got me inside.