Chapter Fourteen

Caitlyn's POV:

It was so nice to get up today and not have to go to work, it was nice that I get to spend the day with River and it not be at work where we sort of have to hide our relationship. I showered and got dressed in short jean shorts, a loose top and sneakers and let my hair down and wavy. 

I texted River that I'll pick them up for breakfast, so I grabbed what I needed and opened the door to someone I hadn't seen in ages. Peyton, we were best friends until she went to Paris and I hadn't seen her in a year or even spoke to her.

"Peyton?" I questioned as she did the two cheek kiss and walked in my place like she owned it.

"Hi bestie" she greeted and I opened the door wider wanting her to leave.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her still not asking how she has been.

"Straight to the point I see, well I'm back now and I heard this place is on the market soon, so I may be moving close by" she said and I was surprised and I really didn't need her near me.

"Well I haven't moved yet so you can leave" I told her and crossed my arms and she could see I was pissed off with her.

"What's your problem?" she asked me with some attitude.

"My problem? Let's see, I haven't seen or heard from you in a year and you come back like we haven't missed a beat and right now I'm late so can you please go" I told her and she gave me the same look I was giving her.

"Communication works two ways Cait" she told me and I scoffed at her.

"I did, you just never had time so would you please leave?" I asked her again and she walked out my door with me following.

"Why you in a rush, hot date?" she asked, she thinks I'm still like I used to be.

"No, I'm seeing my girlfriend for the day so bye" I told her and I saw the smirk on her face before I left but didn't stay to say anything, I got in my car and drove the short drive to River's.

I waited outside for her and as she got in, she leaned over and kissed my cheek, damn she always smell's good.

"Morning baby" she said and I was still pissed from Peyton.

"Hi" I simply said and drove to get us food.

"Everything okay?" she asked and placed her hand on my thigh in a comforting way.

"Yes, just had a friend from the past showed up at my door and just pissed me off" I told her and she nodded.

"Forget about that, this is our day okay, get whatever you like, my treat" she told me and I looked over at her already looking at me and I focused back on the road and drove to the diner for breakfast.

After we ate, we went to the mall and for a weekday it was still busy. We walked hand in hand and it was nice getting to do this and no one know who we are.

I was thankful River said she would pay because I was furnishing the entire home and I don't have that kind of money but she wouldn't let me pay for anything so I was lucky really. And even when we were buying clothes, she would pay as well.

We were in the food court taking a break before we go to a high end store for dresses, River took a sip of her drink and looked at me.

"Can I ask you something but please don't get offended?" she said and I nodded slowly, wondering what she would ask.

"Are you able to afford to live buy yourself with the salary you get?" she asked and it was something I have thought about for a while and I wasn't really able to afford buying the land to start with it was just a spur of the moment thing, I shook my head slowly.