Chapter Twenty-Two

River's POV:

It wasn't hard to get Caitlyn to leave with Luiza and Aurora but as soon as they were out the café and out of sight, I turned the sign to closed and walked to the table where Seph was and looked at the table with the pictures on it.

How could I have been so stupid to do that? I guess you don't think when you are in the moment, but someone saw us, I just wonder who this person is. We waited for this person to arrive, if they did, I couldn't tell what was going through Sephs head or what she is truly capable off. Eventually the door knocked and Seph went to answer it.

A woman walked in, athletic figure, dark curly hair that sat on her shoulders, full make up, dark tanned skin and wearing tight clothing. I looked her over but no bells were ringing to say who this was.

"Sit" Seph spoke out the the woman. She did as told and when her eyes caught the pictures, her blank face turned into a devilish smirk and she picked one up and looked to me.

"Big huh?" she taunted and I stormed to the table but Seph pushed me back.

"You wanted to meet, so speak, why do this, what do you want?" I spoke out as Seph stepped away from me.

"Well for starts, I'm Peyton Carrington, I have travelled a lot-" she began but I wasn't in the mood for a life story.

"Get to the point" I spat at her, I do not like this girl.

"And I know Caitlyn so watch your tongue" she said and this got mine and Sephs attention.

"How do you know Caitlyn?" I asked, she never mentioned a Peyton I'm confused.

"We were friends years ago from school into university, we parted ways after that for our own careers, I came back into town not long ago finding where she worked and that she sleeps her ways into jobs. I went to her home to talk but she didn't care, then I found out who her partner was. The rich and powerful River Black. But-" she took pause and looked to Seph, "Who might you be sexy?" she taunted again and I could see Seph getting tired of her shit.

"No one you need to worry about, just tell us what you want, obviously it's something else you wouldn't threaten with these" Seph explained and the woman rolled her eyes and got up and we were on our guard.

"I wanted a job where you worked but now that's out the window" she began and walked closer to me, "I could ask you to fuck me River, I know that's your style, but you won't agree" she flirted and I backed away from her disgusted by that request.

"You really have no goal, you just wanted to be a bitch by these pictures but you have no idea what you even want. We could just kill you I doubt anyone would miss you" Seph threatened and went to move to Peyton but I stopped her.

"Exactly, which is why we don't kill her, she will in time find something and have this over us, she wants a job. Let's give her a job" I said and Seph looked at me confused as did Peyton.

*

I woke up the next morning and walked in the bathroom to do my business and then leaned against the sink looking in the mirror. After that night with Peyton, I took them pictures to burn them but that wasn't enough. Seph and I went with Peyton to her home to make sure she deletes all evidence of Caitlyn and I and she did. She wasn't threatening enough but now I have to give her a job and soon Cait will find out. I told Peyton to meet me at our club this morning and I have to leave now before Caitlyn heads to the café and sees her there. I walked back in the bedroom and kissed Caitlyn's head as I got ready and left the house and headed to the club.

I pulled up around back where she was and I made her follow me into the club and turned on the lights and as we walked, we talked. 

"So you have done some modelling I've heard" I asked as we went to the office and I made sure to keep distance, I still don't trust her.

Just Businessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें