Chapter Fifteen

River's POV:

It was the house warming party for Caitlyn, so I got ready and left to go. I didn't get Persephone as she said she'd make her own way and I just text her the address, I decided on to wear a causal fit since it was just her friends and possibly her family. I might meet them today but who knows.

As I parked and got out, Persephone also did at the same time, I walked over to her as she was wearing similar outfit to me. I nodded to her and she did the same as we walked into the house, to see a few people around but most in the backyard. We walked to the main living room where we saw Caitlyn and she came over and pulled us both into the same hug.

"I'm so glad you both came" she said as she pulled back and looked us both over.

"Of course, wouldn't miss it" I told her and she kissed my cheek.

"Thank you for the invite" Persephone said, making Caitlyn smile.

"No worries, make yourselves comfortable, there's food, drinks and people, but just have fun" she told us and hurried back into the kitchen where I saw Damon and my smile turned to a frown.

Persephone and I took a place against the wall with a drink in our hand where I had clear vision of Damon and Caitlyn.

"Hvem er det?"(Who's that?) Persephone asked me and I turned to her as she started speaking Norwegian. I shook my head and took a sip of my drink before responding.

"Eksen hennes, antar jeg, venner med fordeler på et tidspunkt, jeg stoler bare ikke på ham" (Her ex, I guess, friends with benefits at one point, I just don't trust him) I told her and she gave me a look I couldn't read before looking back where I was.

"Det er ikke ham du må stole på, det er henne" (It's not him you have to trust, it's her) she said and I knew she was right, "I'm going to the bathroom, try to not look like you're going to kill someone" she added as she walked to Caitlyn to ask where the bathroom was. I saw Damon eyeing my sister like a piece of meat, making my blood boil more, then Caitlyn walked away with Persephone probably leading her to her bathroom. I stepped out into the backyard to calm down.

I noticed some people from work and as they noticed me, they gave a wave or a smile which I returned. I noticed a man and woman talking to another couple but as I observed them, I could definitely see the same features of Caitlyn in them, they have to be her parents. I didn't introduce myself because I didn't want to do it alone, but them thoughts were brushed away as they excused themselves and walked to me.

"Hi, you must be River, Caitlyn mentioned you, we are her parents" her father spoke to me first as her mother just smiled at me.

"Pleasure it all mine, it's nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Pierce" I said and shook both their hands.

"Caitlyn said that you both work together, is that true?" her mother asked and I had no idea if they knew I was her boss so I had to lie.

"Yes, we work in the same company, my sister actually is the CEO and Caitlyn is her assistant, it's how we met actually. I work on one of the levels and had to go show some projects and I bumped into Caitlyn one day and we just got talking" I told them and they smiled, probably a similar story to Caitlyn's if she said one.

"Oh that's so sweet, she never told us how you met, well you seem like a really nice person and you make Caitlyn happy" her mother said and I smiled knowing that.

"You'll have to come over one day so we can get to know you more" her father asked and I accepted as they walked away. Shit, I'm in trouble.

Caitlyn's POV: