Chapter Thirteen

River's POV:

I followed Persephone to a conference room where she sat down but I remained standing. I was not in the mood for her games and no idea why she showed up now.

"Are you going to sit, you're making me anxious?" she asked and I gave her a bewildered look.

"I make you nervous, oh please, you came to my place of work so just speak because I want you gone" I told her but again no emotion change, her heart has gone cold.

"I got bankrupt" she said and I shrugged for her to carry on.

"So I need a place to stay since I don't have one" I shrugged again.

"I'm staying with mom and dad" she said and I snapped my head towards her.

"They let you back in, after everything?" I asked and she gave me a smug look, I hate her.

"You have to remember" she began and got up to stand, "I was always the favourite" she finished and I frowned at her, why is she like this?

"So what's your plan, be the good daughter like they would of wanted, get what you want and then vanish again?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Maybe, who knows, depends what happens" she said and I shook my head.

"You still didn't answer my question, why are you here?" I asked and she went through her bag and slid a folder over to me, I grabbed it and opened confused at what I was looking at, so she told me.

"That is a contract from when father bought you this company not even a month ago, but look who's name is co signed" she smugly said and I scanned over the document and I couldn't believe it. Why is her name co signed? 

I threw the folder at her and left the conference room. I made my way back to my office, the anger fuelling me as I slammed my hands on my desk and pushed everything off and I let out a scream. I instantly felt two arms wrap around me as my body trembled.

"Tell me what you need me to do?" Caitlyn asked in a quiet tone.

"Just get me out of here" I said defeated in my own body. She grabbed her stuff and led me out of the building to her car and just drove, I didn't care where as long as it was away from here.

Caitlyn's POV:

I drove us to get something eat and then to a cliffside where a bench was as we sat down. The drive here was in silence but it was killing me. I'm just confused with everything that I learnt today but when I saw how angry she was, it was time I stepped in.

"So, you want to talk about it?" I asked as I placed my taco next to me as she bit into hers and then swallowed as she kept her gaze on the horizon.

"She is my sister, she fucked over the family when she was 20, broke into the family's safe and took fifty thousand dollars in cash, I didn't even know why that much was in there. So we just didn't mention her. Now she's come back, saying she got bankrupt and my father not telling me he co-signed her name with mine on the contract for the business I own now. So now she has to work with me but fuck that" she told me and I understand now why, but why did her father do that.

"So what are the options?" I asked her, could I lose my job.

"Either I let her stay and we try and work together or I buy her out, but I could lose so much and I have to think of Darcy too, she was only 9 when Persephone left so I doubt she really remembers her" she told me and I nodded my head and got a strange idea.

"Maybe it's not too bad to keep her around?" I offered and she looked at me like I just didn't hear her.

"Listen, maybe you work most of the week and she works the rest, the days you have off you give me as well and then we can spend more time together" I told her and she seemed to think on it then shook her head.