Chapter 7

The weather had changed a lot lately, the second half of October was always cold, but all in all I liked the fall

"What are you thinking?"

I sighed, pushing myself away from the windowsill I was leaning on with my shoulders. José was standing next to me, puffing on his cigarette. The hallway we were standing in was empty, as always, everyone knew not to go there unless they wanted to buy something, but usually the people from the school didn't bother us. One of the classes was in session, so it was quieter than usual, and we were waiting for one of the teachers who wanted to buy some weed.

It was nice to have deals and not have to worry about everything. Only thanks to the old man and the fact that we passed tests and quizzes, the teachers forgave us for attending classes, of course we made an average so that the old man would not get so irritated, because then he could be clingy.

"About nothing." I finally replied to José, but he just snorted sarcastically.

He threw a cigarette on the floor and crushed it with his shoe.

"Or are you thinking about our little pigeon?" He asked, leaning against the wall.

Killian, who was standing next to me, looked up from his laptop, where he was doing something as usual, and listened to our conversation. I wasn't surprised, the pigeon always made us a little nervous. We'd long since agreed that we all liked Libby, but we knew she was too shy to just throw her in our arms. Especially since the boys were terrible with girls. José was only occasionally interested in girls, you could count them on the fingers of one hand, and they were always one-night stands. Killian changed a lot after his time in juvenile detention, and since then he has only met three girls, claiming that none of them are capable of liking what he likes. I never went deeper into his shit - yes, we were together, you could call it love, but I knew that Killian was hiding from us what he really enjoyed, and we never brought it up because we knew that if he wanted to tell us, he would.

We were together, the three of us. A few people guessed, but they were still too afraid of us for any gossip to catch up with us, because everyone knew what happened if anyone messed with us. We stuck together through thick and thin, forever. The Crimson Pack was supposed to last forever, and now that Libby was back in our lives, she was like a missing piece that had finally been found, only she didn't know it yet.

"And you don't?" I murmured as I replied to José.

José started to say something, but just then the door opened, and the American history teacher walked into the hallway. Each of us immediately tensed up and looked at the older man, who was one of the worst teachers in our school. He was a friend of our principal, so he was just as much of a pervert as he was.

José took the goods out of his pocket and held out his hand with a small plastic bag in it to the teacher. He immediately took out the money and handed it over, exchanging it for the goods.