Chapter Ten - Faking

*Lord Alexander's P.O.V*

"Did you find her yet?" I urgently demanded, while Scarlette nervously fidgeted under my glare, holding onto her sleeves rightly

.

"N-No my lord..." Scarlette answered back. I let out a roar of anger, and my fist hit the table, making the room quake.

It's been a day and a half, and the sun is going down already, and we still haven't found her! How could one girl suddenly just disappear into the woods and not be spotted by any of my best hunters?!

We questioned all the nymphs, gnomes and elves in the forest, but none claim they even saw the girl, or even heard footsteps anywhere around the forest, other than my hunter's.

I then asked the fairies, pixies and sprites and they just whispered to each other and then into my ear about how they never sensed or saw anyone there.

How could she just disappear like that?!

Did a ghost take her captive? Did the air god just swoop in and take her?! Oh no he was getting married that day...

But if not ghosts, or other gods, then who took her..?

Or did she manage to escape from my world..? No, she was human, it's impossible.

"Double the search party. Your excused." I growled out frustrated, and Scarlette just bowed and quickly made her way to the doors.

I ran my hand through my dark black hair, and growled out.

I looked out my window, and I suddenly saw something...

It was a tiny speck of purple and it looked... Like a dress. A familiar dress.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I rushed outside as fast as I could, dashing through the great corridors of my palace, my anger rising until I only saw red.

She dared to just show up again after humiliating me on the night of the traditional celebration?!

That wench! That disobedient bitch! I'll show her to never disobey me again, or she will pay the ultimate price!

Servants quickly stumbled to the walls and gasped, eying me curiously, and watched as I madly dashed past them.

I dashed out into the sunlight, the sunbeams hitting my face and slightly making my eyes wince.

And there, I saw her, standing in the meadow, right outside the forest. The same dress that she wore on the Concubine Celebration was torn, muddy and clung to her like glue.

She was hugging herself, her hair covering most of her face, but I could still tell she was looking right at me.

Suddenly she picked up her dress, and started to run towards me. I started to run too.

And in seconds we were already mere feet away from each other.

"Slave, what-" I was angrily yelling, but I didn't be a chance to finish, because Chime wrapped her arms around me, and hid her face in my chest.

I instantly froze, and I was speechless, as I felt her tiny body press against mine.

"Oh lord Alexander! I am so sorry! I was so scared!" She cried into my chest, and I wrapped my arms around her, suddenly feeling the need to.

"Servants! Bring blankets and run a bath immediately!" I growled out to them, and within moments servants were running over with blankets, water, and even food.