Chapter Two - The Present

It has almost been one year since my little sister's death.

It was a day I would never forget. Nobody would.

~Almost One Year Ago...~

"What do you mean she's dead?!" I cried out, pushing myself out of her arms, and stepping back a few steps.

"It was horrible! Demons! T-They tore apart your entire house, and dragged your family out by their hair! I-It was just awful! They killed our poor Annika, and taken your mother, and nobody knows where she is! Your father is alive, but he is badly injured!" Mrs. Claurice cried out, clutching her hair while looking down. No words left my mouth as I ran to my house without hesitation.

I pushed through the crowd and ran to my once safe and cosy house. Tears left my eyes and slid across my temples, because I was running so fast. "Annika! Annika!" I called out, jumping over the gate.

My once warm and protective home was now destroyed, beyond the point of fixing. A sob escaped my lips, as my bottom lip trembled. "Mom? Dad?" I cried out quietly, slowly walking into my house. The furniture was all destroyed, the pictures on our walls all shattered.

Tears kept falling down my face, I just couldn't stop them. I went upstairs, and I scanned through the rooms. Everything was torn apart.

I ran out of the house, seeing they weren't there. I ran out into my front yard, and saw a trails of smeared blood leading to the forest.

I gasped and covered my mouth as I sobbed loudly. I slowly followed the trail and hot tears streamed down my cheeks, almost burning them.

I went deep inside the forest, following the blood trails.

And suddenly, something gruesome almost made me want to throw up.

There was Annika, hanging upside down from a tree, blood covering her entire body.

I fell to my knees and cried my heart out. Literally. Nothing compared to that day.

I picked all the flowers I could, and shoved them into my jacket. I walked through the forest again, once where I followed my family's blood trails.

It been a year since Annika died, and my mother went missing. Everybody has been looking for her for an entire 6 months, but after nothing showed up, everyone just gave up.

As for me, I was the town's sacred jewel that could not even be allowed to see the light of day. They kept me locked up in the church, barely allowing me to leave the church. I was only allowed to go out for an hour a day to do whatever. But after that, I had to go back and pray for the rest of the day.

My prayers and my God's Enchanted Stone Rosario were the only things keeping the demons out of the village. And the villagers took advantage of that.