Chapter Seven - Echoes Of Sealed Words

"Oh M'lady! You look stunningly beautiful!" Scarlette gushed at me, fixing my hair.

Tonight was the night of the new concubine celebration, and I was being dolled up, without mercy.

The servants had me all dressed up in a beautiful ball gown, that weighed more than I did!

My face was caked with make-up, and I didn't like it one bit. My face was so caked with make-up, I dont even think I could smile anymore...

"Almost dooone.... And... Perfect!" Scarlette said finishing up with my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I was beautiful... Everything was perfect, except for my make-up...

"Now sit here for a moment, while I go check on the preparations..." Scarlette said, scanning me up and down quickly, and then walking out the door quickly.

And as soon as she left, I got a tissue, and immediately started to remove some make-up.

"Getting ready for your big night?" I heard a voice say from behind me.

I quickly turned around, and saw Neruda sitting on my bed with her legs crossed and a perky smirk on her face.

"Yes, and you?" I asked ignoring the smirk on her face, which dropped.

"Well I'm here to wish you good luck. I remember my first new concubine celebration, and I think it was the biggest we've ever had." She flipped her hair over her shoulder confidently.

"Wishing me luck by boasting?" I asked lifting my eyebrow up and smirking.

"Yes, so I could just remind you just exactly where your place is. Below me, and below everybody, number 13." She said rudely, a proud smirk on her face.

"Well if there are more concubines here other than you, it obviously shows how Lord Alexander got bored of you." I said trying not to laugh. The look on her face was priceless. Her perky, cocky smirk dropped, and a glare replaced it.

"Listen you ignorant bitch, I was the first concubine here, I know lord Alexander better than anyone, including you, understand? He is definitely not bored with me!" She scoffed at me, rolling her eyes.

"Well I dont know about that one. If he isn't bored of you, why is he throwing a party for me, not you?" I asked, smirking, obviously amused.

"It's tradition, nothing more!" She scoffed again, flipping her hair over her shoulder in annoyance.

"Oh, well I guess I was just poofed her out of nowhere then huh? And for no reason either." I said sarcastically, and she glared at me with hatred.

"Whatever, but I just came here to say one thing, stay away from Lord Alexander. I dont know what deluded fantasies you have up there, but I assure you, he's mine." She glared at me warningly, like a wolf trying to fight over a scrap of meat.

"Yeah, yours and about 11 other girls. Do us both a favor and get the hell out of my room you crazy hag." I rolled my eyes at her and turned around to smear half of this make-up off my face.