No Longer Hidden- Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

~~Stark Wilde's Point Of View~~

My heart swelling again seeing my beloved Queen greeting all her loyal alphas that have rejoined the main group. How strong she has fully become from the injured girl that bravely looked her abuser and rapist in the eyes. The strong and capable Queen that just wanted to be known to the world, but started a war because of fools thinking the worst of her.

But I knew better. I knew what kind of woman our Queen really was. She'd rather sit back and listen to what everyone had to say before sitting up and telling everyone what her thoughts were. She didn't rule with an iron fist that I no doubt Acerbi would, but she just wished to be there to be the unifying tie to us all and offer her assistance when it seemed things might get out of control.

I chuckled at Ruste as he walked over to her, bowed on bended knee, then he was hoisting her up in a bear hug around her waist. He was always a big brother type of guy, especially with her. I heard how he was with her when she went to his home for the first time. Such a huge kid meeting someone for the first time.

Nina's laughs made so many around her smile and mine just grew more because of the delighted sound. It was something that just spread throughout the area and brought out comfort to those who had been stressing. That was the power, not just of a royal, but from Nina herself. With a simple smile, she can lighten anyone's mood.

Nina hit his shoulder laughing more and he, most reluctantly, set her down onto the ground. But he didn't let her go and I noticed several Alphas, who were waiting, roll their eyes at him. He took her hands and started to do some kind of swing dancing without an ounce of music. No one daring to interrupt as they were all loving the sight knowing how relaxed a Queen Nina was.

My hand covered my mouth when Nina was pulled away from Ruste by a person that shocked so many around. I saw many mouth literally drop open as Nina's hand get captured by Max and he started dancing with her. It wasn't anything new for me to see being that I've rarely left Nina's side throughout this whole war. Though he'd rarely done anything other than have the straightest face in all the world around the others.

This was the first time most have seen him so anything but be stone faced off to the side. But now many were seeing that there was more to Max than being a shadow behind Roughe. No, here he'd come into something more. An alpha in his own right with the help of me and the rest of the Five.

And he was really an Alpha as we found out several battles ago. One of his men was getting over board and wasn't listening to anyone in his wolf form. His opponent laying bloody but alive before him. I was closest and was about to step in when out of no where he growled very threateningly that held a power only came from an Alpha. A power that shocked him along with the wolf in his pack enough that the wolf changed back looking frightened even in the face of a completely shocked and pissed Max.

The shock had soon worn off Max's face before he started reprimanding the foolish wolf. Thank the stars and blessed moon above that the other side had retreated before anyone was realizing what was going on. And after the wolf was told to carry the wounded rebel back to the medical tent, Max just stood there letting the knowledge and shock roll through him.

I had wanted to be the one to walk up to him and talk to him about what had happened, but our great mother moon had someone else walk up to him and place a hand on his shoulder. Someone I had seen several times talking to Max and who became close with the once second to Roughe. Franklin Silver had been the one to walk over to ease the bewildered new Alpha and helped him accept what our blessed moon had given him. What kind of wolf he had always been and never thought he could be.