No Longer Hidden- Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A bright smile lit my face as I hopped up from my seat. I had been talking with Nick about a recipe that had popped into my head during a dream last night after Daemon had exhausted the both of us. But right now that was forgotten as I rushed over to my sister-in-mating, Bethany.

She smiled as we hugged. Though she was a few years older than me and Claw, she never acted older or like she was in college and has nearly gotten her degree. She was so fun to be around and I felt even more girly when we went to the mall together. She wasn't just my sister-in-mating, but my best friend.

"Where's your brother at? He's usually at the door waiting for me."

I frowned. "I don't know. Do you want me to find him?"

Her smile turned more thoughtful. "Nah, I'll go find him myself." She gave my shoulder a squeeze before she started up the stairs.

The thing about being mates... You always know where your other half is even if it's vague. You may not know what they are doing, but you can find them if you want to. Sometimes you find them even if you aren't trying at the time either.

When my brother and I were taken, Daemon hadn't known that he could find me by reaching out with his soul. We only realized it later that mates could do that. Especially royal mates. If he had, he would have charged even more foolishly to our rescue no doubt.

Derek even thought that Daemon didn't know because of Daemon's state of mind at the time. He was frantic and all over the place mentally to concentrate fully to find us. Daemon felt terrible and I just cuddled with him telling him that we were fine and everything was in the past now. We still had our future to look forward to.

I smiled as I went back to Nick. "Wonder if he's going to ask her."

He raised an eyebrow. "Shouldn't you know?"

I shrugged. "He's blocking me and has been all day."

He grinned brightly. "Then I bet he's going to do it right now."

As if on cue, there was a high pitched squeal that had us all snapping our heads upstairs. We grinned at each other then bolted up the stairs. I could feel my brother's joy seep through our connection.

We reached his room and I turned around sharply blushing seeing my brother and his fiancee/mate in a full on make out session. A small smile lit my lips as I had caught sight of the engagement ring still in the box in my brother's hand. Guess Bethany was so happy that she couldn't wait to kiss him full on.

Claw was wearing a complete tux from what I had seen. He must have gotten the idea from Daemon but had done to ask me out on our first date. I thought it was brilliant that my brother had done this for Bethany. Claw does have some skills when it came to those kinds of things.

I turned back around when Bethany started squealing again but not nearly as loudly. My brother took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto her ring finger. She was so exceed that she reminded me of Lane and Louis when they were excited.

Then she came up to me and punched me in the arm. Not hard, but enough for it to sting. "Why didn't you tell me he was going to propose? I thought we were sisters."

Rubbing my arm, I shrugged. "I didn't know when he was going to do it." I grinned at my brother. "He's got blocking me out down tight."

Claw came up behind her and wrapped his arms around Bethany's waist. "I had to keep it a secret so it was perfect for you." He beamed at her as I felt a thought go through his head. "Want to go show your parents?"