No Longer Hidden- Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"Ah, Daemon and Nina... I was wondering when you both would wake for the day." Macy looked over her shoulder as we entered the kitchen. As usual, Daemon had his arm wrapped around my waist. Th few bruises from last night's rough play had long since healed while we slept once we were fully sated.

Daemon grimaced and I blushed. "Sorry mom. We didn't mean to stay up as late as we had last night."

"Oh, I know. We had to cover the babies ears when they started to stir from their sleep. Next time I'd ask you both to keep it down or go to the cottage." She shook her head because she could harass us any more about how loud we tend to be, and we were married after all. No one could tell us we couldn't b intimate even with the whole Queen thing put to the side.

Now that had been a bit of a conversation. How everyone will treat us, especially me, when I was made Queen. I had begged everyone to act just as they always have when it happens. At least when non of the other Alphas were around. I just wanted everything to stay as normal as possible even after everything with the whole war ended. We were still as we always were, just with better titles.

Daemon grinned. "The cottage." He wiggled his eyebrows at me. I knew what he was thinking. Another place where I could show him how much of a ruler I could be. Even when it's just the two of us.

When I had suggested that next time that he'd tie me up, saw a flash of fear in his eyes. I started to ask him about it, but he quickly stopped me. All he said was that he will always want me to dominate him. That he never wanted to bind me up because he loves feeling me bind him.

I knew there was more to his words and what he was thinking. Knew that it had to do with what happened to me. But I also knew that he would never want to take the power away from me even if I said it was alright. He's afraid of me remembering that time and closing up a bit like I had after the trial. He hated how I had looked and wished for me never to feel like that again.

A smile came to my face as I looked up at Daemon. I'd never fear or remember that moment if Daemon did do it. I trusted him with my whole life and would never feel that he'd hurt me ever. Maybe I will over time coax him into it, but I know it will take time.

I shook my head as I walked over to Macy. Guilt knotting in my stomach. "Um, Macy." She turned to me. "About the bed..."

Her whole being deflated as if I took the breathe right out of her body. "You don't like it?" My heart twisted seeing her sad face. Sh thought I didn't like the bed at all. That I might have thought it was too much. In fact, just the opposite. I thought it was perfect and was dismayed when I woke to finding the bed posts hadn't survived against Daemon's struggles.

"It's not that. The bed is so beautiful and solid." Now I grimace. "It just didn't withstand last night."

The kitchen door flew open and Shane came stumbling in then gripped Daemon's upper arms. "What the hell? That thing was solid oak!" Ohh, he must have ben told to come wake us for the day.

Daemon just smiled and winked at me. "Thank you for giving Nina that gift for her birthday. It was a delight." His voice caring a desire to do that again. Maybe with something that will withstand his strength. But I loved it when he did get loose and held me tightly to him just as we found fulfillment in each other.

Shane's jaw dropped and a small smile came to his face. Then full realization happened and his whole demeanor did a one-eighty. "Eww." His hands went to his ear as he shook his head. "I didn't mean for you two to actually use it."

Daemon threw back his head and laughed coming over to me. I smiled as he wrapped me in his arms holding me from behind. "Nina used it well."

Shane just shook his head more fiercely. "Just stop." Then he looked at me. "Then how did the bed get destroyed?"