No Longer Hidden- Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"How long do you think she's going to try this?" Daemon whispered behind me, but I didn't dare look away from the wolf stuck rogue in front of me.

The rogue shifted uncomfortably without looking away. He would never back down to our staring contest. Stubbornness as thick as my own. Though I could see he was inching toward submission. To just give up and accept my help completely.

I smiled the instant he bowed his head in defeat. I reached out and rubbed his head. "You can come back. You can be human again. We are all here to help you. No more needed to be afraid to be you again."

The rogue's eyes glanced at everyone in the room before sinking down to the ground. His chin on his front paws. His tail curling around his hind legs. He looked weary of even thinking of changing back.

We choose this rogue as Franklin said that he tended to stay by himself a lot and stuck close to him during any of their missions. Franklin was amazing leading the wolf stuck rogues to help defend people. This little wolf didn't seem like the other wolf stuck, but I could tell he's staying like this just as a safety precaution.

A hand grazed my cheek and I turned to look at Daemon. "We'll be right outside. I think he feels overwhelmed with all of us in here. If you need us, just shout."

The young rogue watched the others leave and I smiled at him. Once we were alone, his eyes came to mine looking confused. "All we want is for you to feel comfortable turning back."

His head lifted and it looked like he swallowed hard before he squeezed his eyes shut. A whimper came out as his hairs started going into his skin. His body rearranging as he shifted back. It looked the most painful I have ever seen any one else turned. Again I wondered how long he has stayed wolf and why. He seemed like such a sweet little pup most of the time.

He was shaking where he was after he finished shifting. His knees folded underneath of his stomach. His forearms flat on the ground along with his palms. His forehead hung between his arms. He looked no older than twelve or thirteen years old.

Slowly he lifted his head up and looked at me. His body was still moving from the effort it took to change back. There must have been a reason he would change back before, but now he felt safe enough to return to his old self.

Then he burst into tears and lunged at me. I acted quickly to brace myself and wrap my arms around the young boy that was crying heavily against me. I pulled him close and let him just cry. He needed comfort and I was more than happy to give it to him. Anything to help him see that we wanted the best for him and all the rogues just as much as we wanted to have everyone living how they should be. Free from fear.

It took a little bit before he was just sniffling. Having completely drenched my front, but that was alright. He needed to let all that out after he's been alone for who knows how long.

I looked down at him and moved his long hair out of his face. Hair that was well passed his shoulders. Hair that hadn't been managed as he was wolf. Who know what it looked like before he stayed wolf. Now he'll have to decide how he wasn't to look from now on. Will he return to wolf after this" Or will he learn to be what we were meant to be? Both human and wolf. Our heritage from the beginning.

He looked up at me with an expression that looked both jaded and filled with innocence. I just smiled at him. "Will you tell me your story?"

His cheeks tinged with pink. Shaking his softly, He curled closer to me. "Not yet?" I just had to ask.

This time I was given a shrug. "How about cuddling a little longer?" That made him smile and nuzzled into my upper chest. His arms wrapped tightly around my waist. My cheek resting on top of his head like I do with Lane and Louis whenever they wanted to cuddle. He reminded me of them a bit with how he was cuddling me.