No Longer Hidden- Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

My eyes opened and confusion washed over me. The moon was full above me and I was staring right up at it. But I couldn't figure out how that could be. How could I be seeing the moon when I was in my tent and the night was overcast. I hadn't seen the moon in the sky for three nights with how dense the clouds have been.

Then more of the world came to me. I shifted till my hands found the ground. Leaves crunched under my hands as my hands found the solid ground. The soil was a bit moist as it was soft, as if it were new soil laid upon the ground.

Rising up, my cheeks went bright red as I realized that I had no clothes on at all. My lightly tanned skin was visible for everyone to see. Not there was anyone around from what I can make out, but still. Being naked and not knowing how I lost my clothes that I knew I fell to sleep in.

Then another realization hit me. I was dreaming. Asleep with Daemon holding me to his hard chest.

Standing up fully, I glanced around and didn't recognize the forest I was in at all. It was very young looking. The trees no bigger around than my own forearm. The scent wasn't as full of depth that I knew a fully established forest that I have grown up knowing the scent of.

The light from the moon shifted and grew brighter. My eyes turned up to it to find the moon growing in size and brightness. It was somehow lowering to the ground near me. My heart rate picked up as I stood where I was watching it as it fell to earth.

But the moon wasn't just falling to earth. It was changing in shape. The whole form of it was taking on an actually shape of something. Only when it touched the ground did my breathe stop seeing what it was. A wolf.

Its eyes were closed as the light of the moon seem to get absorbed into the most beautiful and gorgeous wolf I had ever seen in my life. Her coat was the purest with with a lone black spot on her forehead. A spot that was in the shape of a perfect circle with two crescent moons attached to it with them crossing in the center above the circle. It almost reminded me of the three phases of the moon without the new moon phase.

The wolf's eyes opened when the light dimmed down and my knees buckled underneath me. Her eyes were the same eyes both my brother and I had inherited from our father. The same eyes I've been told the heir to the Throne of Wolves had so long ago. The eyes of the first wolf. The eyes from the moon herself.

A deep and magical chuckle washed over me. "Greetings my child." She slowly started to move over to where I sat on the forest floor. Sitting right in front of me and tilted her head to the side. "No greeting for me?"

That snapped me out of my wide eyed stare. "Forgive me." I lowered my eyes to the more powerful wolf. "My goddess."

She groaned. "Please do not stand on formality." She laid down and placed her head in my lap. My cheeks once again going a painful red knowing I had not a stitch of clothing on.

A laugh filled the air as she rolled onto her back with her paws in the air. "Do you think clothes mean a thing to me? I have watched over the world before those mortals started to put animal skins over their most intimate places."

I gave her a small smile. "I'm still not used to people seeing me like this. Even if I was shifting, I tend to have everyone but Daemon turn their backs for me. To give me some privacy."

Her shoulders lifted an fell. "Still means nothing to me. You are as you were born. Bare and free."

My fingers twitched as I wondered what her fur felt like. It looked so other worldly and ethereal. Where it brushed against my legs, especially the inside of my legs, felt so other worldly.