No Longer Hidden- Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

A smile pulled at my lips as I watched Deen skipping around the camp sight. Everyone was looking at her like she had gone crazy. Maybe she had, but I knew that it was all part of her strategy to find the spy. Her arm was full of crowns made out of flowers. Her fairy crowns looking done beautifully over the few past days.

The other women giggling as she placed one on their heads. She was even smiling the whole time. A rare sight that I hadn't had much pleasure in seeing. I just hoped Deen wasn't already tipping off the spy with her bizarre change.

Shane was watching her in sighing delight as he followed with more crowns lining both his arms. What he must be thinking as he watched her prance around like she was. Though I did catch him a few times looking down at Deen's rear as she swayed. He had fallen in love or at least lust with a woman so complicated that it kept him both entertained and fascinated, as well as sometimes frustrated.

Deen skipped over to me after placing a crown on a guard standing watch and placed a crown on my head. She gave a low bow to me with a wink. She even did the same for Daemon who stood right next to me. He took was smiling because of the spectacle Deen was creating around the camp.

As she moved onto my guards, Shane turned to me. "What did you say to her the other day? She's been...bubbly now for a few days now. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, but I've never know her to be like this."

My shoulder shrugged as I tried and most likely succeeded in appearing innocent. "Not much. Just asked her to do something for me."

"Cheer everyone up?" He looked back at her fully as she move to the next guard. One not too happy about being crowned but who went with it anyways. You could see the huff and discomfort about wearing flowers.

Smiling at him, I liked that cover for her. "Everyone has been looking a bit gloomy with the whole war. This might help a little to pull people's minds off of what is happening or will happen. We need to keep hope alive because that will keep us all alive."

"And you thought that Deen was the right one for the job?" Skeptical as I believe so many others are most likely are by her shift in moods. Some where even looking at me are she passed them, but by the look in their eyes, they liked the change.

"Why not? She's been coming more and more out of her solitary for some time now. You never know how much this will help even her wanting more than to be outside of everything. To maybe someday be part of a pack again."

He blushed. "Maybe part of our pack you think?" Hope, yet he was definitely hopeful that she will like he back and seeing her like this was making him fall for her even more.

"Who knows Shane. She's still growing into who she will be as you are too." Daemon hooked his cousin around his neck as he went on. "Just don't push her while she's being bubbly. That might just turn her back." He leaned down to Shane. "I think she likes having you as her slave."

Shane laughed shoving Daemon away. I smiled because Deen turned our way when he had laughed. A soft blush lightening her cheeks when she saw that I noticed. So she was starting to feel the draw to Shane just as he was drawn to her. It was good for her to have her eyes opened to that possibility. They both deserved to be beyond happy while they can.

When Deen turned back to her task at hand, she still had a blush on her cheek as she moved on to Ian. He smiled as he knelt before her and gave her his head willingly. With the crown on his head, he looked up to Deen and said something. She giggled and blushed more.

Looking to Shane, he was frowning. If I wasn't mistaken, he was also a bit jealous seeing her giggling because of another male wolf. He looked ready to walk over there and puff out his chest trying to be the bigger male. He knew that Ian was just being a friend, but his wolf side was telling him to be more male than man. But because he feared turning Deen away, he stayed put.