No Longer Hidden- Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

The air was thick with tension as I stood outside the ring. Derek on one side of me. Daemon on the other. My guards behind me. All of the Alphas were in a group facing us. Alpha Acerbi in the center as we waited for him to do as tradition dictated. My guys ready for anything he'd try if he did.

My body felt ready to start the day. Between Ian and Daemon, they had me all healed from all the damaged that was inflicted on me on the first day of these matches. I knew that each day was going to test me. I had to be ready for anything the other Alphas threw at me.

Derek stepped forward half a step toward Acerbi. "You broke the rules yesterday and now must submit to our Queen."

Acerbi snarled. "Fine." He walked over to me stiffly grumbling the whole time. Begrudgingly he bent to one knee and roughly took my hand. "My Queen." His words dripped with acid and hatred having to spout those words to me. That he was being forced to do this.

If any of the Alphas had lost against me and refused outright to submit like this, their title would be taken from them. I would have cause to use my royal voice on them. A royal voice has power over everyone, even Alphas who are the strongest of all. My brother could use it just not on me.

Alpha Acerbi grumbled more as he backed away never looking up at me. The uber male wolf in him was hating every bit of this moment. His eyes glowing bright against his inner rage of having to submit, to a female no less. I doubt they would have had this much of a problem if it had been my brother had they submitted to. But as I wasn't my brother, they hated every notion of me being their Queen.

Derek nodded as he looked to me. "Now we can start the new round of matches." He gestured to the ring with a bow of his head. "If you will."

I gave him a smile and kissed his cheek. I held back the rest of my smile, letting it fade, as I entered

the ring. I was switching to battle mode and needed to be in that frame of mind. My breathes slowly flowing in my nose and out my mouth as I mentally prepared again for anything.

My mind remembering the calming and beautiful tune Daemon had put on this morning as he had yesterday morning. By The Sea by Eleni Karaindrou. That music now drifted from my memories and filled me with piece. The piano playing softly in my ear as t had this morning during breakfast. Neither of us had spoken as I knew Daemon needed to hear it too.

The song stayed with me as one by one I fought my way through each of the Alphas. Each showing their hand for the side they would take. Those who were against having a royal back. Those who were glad to see a royal again. The first two of the day were adamantly hated that a royal back.

Roughe was a bit more difficult to determine till he had me in a full nelson and whispered into my ear. "Though I will have to play against you, know I do it to help you. There are many that won't rest even if you win the challenge of Right to rule. I've seen them myself plotting against you last night." Though he spoke with respect, he had to add growls as to make it look like he was trying to get to me.

I scrunched my forehead at him. "You're helping me? Why?"

He growled deep and darkly. "I'm one of the five. One that will be sacrificing much to end the injustice of this world when the royals were killed last. No one should be allowed to do as they pleased and harm people without there being consequences for their actions. A royal can save us all from the darkness in some souls."

"So I can trust you." I jerked one way and then the other.

"More than anything."

He howled when I throw my foot up and connected with his family jewels. His arms releasing me as he fell to his knees. I gripped his hair and pushed him the be flat on his stomach. "Then we need to make this good for them, right?"