CHAPTER-14: The Daily Life Of Spiders

AGRIM SHARMA'S POV:
April 24th, 2017

"Hey, I figured I'd find you three in here." Chitanda entered the room and said. "Here you go, I wrote out the form for you."

"Thanks, I appreciate that." Fukube exclaimed. "I'm sorry... as a member of the Executive Committee, I'm forced to delegate some of my responsibilities to others."

"No worries. After all, I am the club president now." Chitanda said excitedly. "Hi, Oreki-san. Sharma-san."

"Perfect timing, Chitanda." I said.

"Huh?"

"Oh, yeah. Satoshi just finished telling us quite the interesting story."

"I'm glad you brought it up! I heard it when I was having my lunch!"

"It's about the mysterious secret club recruitment notes. Heard of it?"

"Secret club...?"

"Yep. Why don't you tell her the story, Satoshi.'

"Well, what do you say? Wanna hear it? I heard it today at the Executive Committee meeting. Well, you already know that this school has a million clubs. So, of course there are recruitment posters plastered all over the place. There's so many that the bulletin boards get buried underneath them. When the EC finds unauthorized notes, we take them down, no exceptions, however... These past few years, these strange recruitment notes have been turning up, and no one claims to know anything about them. Last year, it showed up as a crumpled note of paper with just a hidden place and time written on it. This club has been gathering, conducting secret business and recruiting new members all without the EC's knowledge. No one knows who they are or what they do, but we do have one piece of information: their name."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"The Spider-Society."

No freakin' way...

"The Spider-Society...?"

"You know the chair of the EC? Well, he tried to bust these guys by going to the same place at the exact time the note said, but... the plan didn't go over so well. He didn't find anything, and decided it was a hoax to make the committee look stupid. However..."

"What happened...?"

"On graduation day, one of the departed students pulled him aside and said... I was the president of the Spider-Society."

Oh, yeah? I didn't know Miguel went to this school. You learn something new every day!

"Please give my regards to my successor, which will be hard... because we will ensure you never unveil his identity. They're likely recruiting new members for this year too, but we haven't been able to find a secret base yet."

"The cryptic recruitment... of the Spider-Society. That's it, I must know!"

"Yes..." Oreki mumbled. "I figured you'd say that, that's why we said you came at the perfect time."

"And what do you mean by that?"

"We're just in time for the next step. To find the note..."

...

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:

It was finally lunchtime, and Fuutaro and I were in the cafeteria. He had already gotten his meal set, but I was lost in thought.

It's almost 1, isn't it? I need to find a way to get out of here, but how...?

I looked around and spotted Miku in front of me. Even though I was in a hurry, I still needed to figure something out...