Chapter 3 *A Strange Room*

You stepped toward the window, looking outside as the afternoon sun peered in. Just then..Your blood ran cold.

Something out there was calling for you.

Wednesday, 1889 5:10 Pm

You had been sitting on your bed, listening carefully to whomever was calling your name repeatedly for so long. Too long. You had decided to sit at your desk and write. Maybe it was all in your head and you just needed a distraction.? You jumped softly at the calling once more.

"Y/N..~"

A ghastly calling, the voice much like the one in your mind while you were running. Could he be the one you were running from? Questions flooded your mind as your breathing quickened. Who was out there? What did they want with you? As if an answer to your mind, the calling got louder; pounding in your head as you heard him cackle. You stood quickly, your eyebrows furrowed as you decided to investigate the Manor once the servants had gone to bed, to see what was really going on here..to see who was calling you..and maybe to get a good story too.

Wednesday, 1889 7:50 Pm

You smirked to yourself at the clock struck 7:50, your time to investigate. The butler had told you when the servants wake up, and go to sleep, so you knew just when to snoop. Creeping out of your room and down the stairs, you covered your mouth, not letting a single audible sound slip your fingers. Once you had made it down the quartz steps, you slipped, almost fell, but caught yourself in time. That's when..You caught eye of a paper down the Muse Corridor. Making your way over to it, you admired the carved pieces of stone, beautiful. You slipped the paper off the floor, dusted it off, and flipped it over so you could read it.
A song?
It was littered with various notes and lines, though your useful skill of learning the flute came in handy, as a stone flute caught your eye. It was laced with quartz and gold paint, a beautiful flute indeed. You check to see if it worked, playing a few quiet notes, before positioning yourself to read the music, and play the according notes.

The Nightingale's song

You played each note carefully, making sure not to miss any. A beautiful song indeed. Just as the song came to a close, the statue moved. Sliding to the side and revealing a stone doorway. "So this manor does have secrets." You thought to yourself. You hummed softly in wonder as you approached the doorway carefully. Slipping behind the statue after checking around you. The statue slid into place, leaving only candlelight to guide your way. The room was filled of books, dusty books. Admiring the lovely room, a single book caught your eye. As you slid it off the shelf, it suddenly opened in your hands, revealing a small story. You slipped the book back on the shelf, and picked a different one, opening it to a bent page.

Wednesday, 1889 8:30 Pm

It was told by someone who had survived something that sounds made up. You gasped softly as you read it.

"He ran after me, not letting me out of his sight for a second. I had to vault through windows, and turn over palates in an attempt to put distance between us, but he would dodge every obstacle i threw at him. Breaking the palates amd stepping through the window frames. I had to get to the next generator, the final one. Then I could escape this hell I've been thrown in. He gives up on the chase, following my good friend. I Run to the generator, only to find that the good friend of mine had been caught. I had to save her..! Or did I..Playing this cruel game would lead to sacrifices being made. Perhaps she was one of them. I heard as she screamed, cried, and struggled to be let out of one of the special chairs, covered in rockets. I close my eyes. Maybe ill finally escape this hunter."

You shook your head gently as you closed the book.
"A Hunter..? What happened to them..? These records sound absolutely crazy, but they link to the story I've been trying to tie together for days..And it sounds like what i thought happened to me..Someone chasing me through windows and doors.." You slipped the book back onto the shelf, slightly shaken by what had been told. You pulled out your pocket watch, clicking the button as you sighed. It was getting late, you should head back to your room..

Thursday, 1889 7:01 Am

You hadn't slept all night, the callings had stopped but another thing was on your mind. The records. What really happened there? You sat down in your chair, slipping our your journal from where you last left it. You picked up a pen amd began writing.

"The content of the diary from my first investigation left me restless all night. Those referred to as hunters and those strange events are far beyond reason, but the records do reveal a frightening truth. Perhaps I can only find out what they experienced by experiencing it for myself."

Just as you finished writing, a bird threw itself onto your window, causing you to gasp. Your breathing quickened slightly at the sound of the door turning behind you.
It was the butler. You held your hand to your chest, gesturing that he had frightened you. "Apologies for frightening you, Madam Y/N. I'm here to gather you for breakfast." You nodded softly as you calmed your breathing. The butler began walking away, giving you the sign to follow him. Making your way out the door, you looked behind you once more, only to be met with silence. You sighed as you continued following the butler, closing the door behind you.

Thursday, 1889 7:30 Am.

The dining hall was a large, nicely decorated room, a long table sat in the middle. The butler bowed slightly and gestured toward the table as you nodded. As soon as you heard the door closing behind the butler, you sighed. What a time last night..You carefully looked around the table; various meals seemingly prepared for the various guests. You then glanced over at a plate two seats down, all by itself. I'm assuming that's mine? You thought as you sighed once more. Fixing your dress as you sat down, you smiled at the warm food gently.

(Just imagine its like some good late 1800s shit yk)

Just as you were seated, A lady entered, a cloth covering her eyes, though she walked gracefully and stood tall. You couldn't help yourself but to admire every detail of her. "No expensive accessories, but her clothing is well made. Her face may be hidden away but based on the skin of her meck, shes still young. She has a slim and toned figure, so shes either of eastern European descent or she participates in outdoor activities all year round." She made her way over to the table, sitting down diagonal from you. You smiled and nodded as she seated herself.

"Goodmorning, you must be Mrs. Plinius." You said softly.