Chapter 14 *What You've Been Waiting For..*

This is kinda a quickly made chapter, with a repeated memory from the last chapter. I've been going though it y'all😞🙏

You looked down the empty hall, a door closing loudly as the tear slid down your cheek. You heard the clicking of Orpheus's shoes approaching as you wiped your face.

"Im sorry."

You turned back to face Orpheus, who caught up just as the words slipped your lips. "Hm?" He tilted his head, hos smile fading slightly as you shook your head, wiping your face once again. "Nothing. You needed something?" You forced a smile, your hair falling in front of your face. Orpheus chuckled before shaking.his head gently. He raised a hand toward your face softly, pushing the strand of hair back behind your ear as a light shade of red dusted your cheeks.

"I just would like to know..If you would like to help me with my story. I need a second opinion on my ideas." He chuckled, that signature smirk returning to his face. "Ah..I'm sorry..Im quote tired, and planned on returning to my room to rest. Maybe I can help you tomorrow?" You smiled softly, a slight saddened expression covered Orpheus's face, before shaking his head amd smiling gently. "I would like that very much Miss Journalist." With that, he nodded at you and made his way back toward his room on the ground floor. You sighed, your shoulders dropping softly as you made your way back to your room.

You closed the door behind you, looking at the standing mirror in the corner. You scanned yourself, looking for any and every flaw you had. Your eyelids began closing softly. You shook your head, blinking your eyes awake as you noticed the woman standing in the mirror wasn't there, but instead replaced by a little boy. The same little boy who you had been chasing for years to find out his identity. The same little boy who shut you out and had left you in a hall. Tears fell freely as you reached out, attempting to grab the little boy. You felt as if you were standing on glass, and on the other side, something you had kept from yourself would be reveal. You continued reaching out, attempting to grab the little boy's arm, but he kept walking further away. "Come back..Please come.back..!" You cried, the glass beneath you shattering as he looked back, his piercing cold eyes looking straight through you.

You fell, glass falling beside you as you looked above. Glass fell beside you, clinking together as tears slid from your eyes. Just as you began sobbing softly, voice twisted and turned around you.

"No..! Who set it off!"

"Get the children out!"

"You have to run Y/N!"

"Don't be afraid..We will meet again.."

Those same voices..You knew those voices..Did you? Who were they? What's going on?

"..."

Now you remembered. It all clicked. The explosion. Your shattered memories. Just like the shards of glass.

You played in the caves often with your best friend, Norton. The two of you never had any money, though you were supposed to leave that to the grown ups. You smiled amd.giggled as you ran throughout the stone maze, looking for the source of small giggles that ran from you. You smiled brightly as you.heard the.giggles getting closer.
"Im gonna get you!"
You called out playfully. You heard the giggled go a different way though..a way you weren't used to them going. This path didn't lead to a tunnel to the right, only the left amd forward. You sighed, continuing to run down the path of stone. You looked to where the giggled turned, and to your expected disappointment, there was nothing but a wall. You turned, planning to go the other way before you screamed at the sight of Norton smiling brightly in your face. "Boo!"
"AAHHH!" You screamed, jumping back as you held a hand to your chest, calming your breathing before shoving him gently. "You scared me!" You cried out playfully as he laughed. "You should've seen the look on your face! That was hilarious!" He laughed as you crossed your arms over your chest. Just as you began smiling.

The two of you heard a loud boom go off nearby.

The two of you jumped at the sudden noise, looking in the direction quickly. He looked back at you, he had that look in his eyes that he knew immediately what was going on. "Listening to me. You have to run Y/N!"

"What..?! No! What was that, what's going on?!" You cried out, clutching his hand tightly as he smiled gently.
"Y/N. Don't be afraid, We will meet again.."

"No! Norton what's going on?!" You cried once more before looking behind him, seeing a large fire rushing toward the two of you. The two of you ran, though, through the darkness and twisted paths, he ended up going forward while you went to the left splitting the two of you. "Norton!!" You cried, looking back at the black smoke that exceeded the fire and was now chasing you.

The memory from earlier repeats..

Echoed screams. That's all you heard. Tears welled in your eyes as you looked around for somebody, anybody. Though, appealing to your deepest fear, you were alone. "Help! Please! I'm over here!" You cried out, hoping, no, praying for someone to come rescue you. You turned around quickly , facing what you thought was a tunnel leading toward the way out. There were many tunnels and twists, and you knew them all in the daylight. Though in the night you were as blind as the bats that hung from above. You cried, running toward the 'way out' only to be shook to the ground by another loud "BOOM" You fell to your knees, turning toward the direction of the explosion. You thought they stopped when most of the cave had crumbled..Fear danced through your eyes as you looked back, hearing a strange noise only to be seeing the dark plumes of smoke rapidly approach you once. "No..No!" You screamed as you hurriedly picked yourself up and ran down the tunnel, sharp rocks cutting through your torn shoes. You panted, running through the tunnel as fast as your legs could carry you. This is it. You were going to die here in this tunnel. Tears ran down your face, falling behind you as you heard the smoke get closer and closer. You looked at the side of the cave for a split second, a specific chipped rock catching your eye. It was the rock that you and Norton had chipped, accidentally while pissing off one of the miners. For a moment, your mind wandered to the happy memories with Norton. The two of you were playing around, hitting the walls of this tunnel with sticks, when a miner had come running towards you two in an attempt to make you stop. The two of you ran, giggling as you hit the cave walls while you ran, chipping a small piece off and hitting the miner. He groaned before continuing his chase. You smiled as you recalled the happy memory. The two of you ran until..Your eyes widen with fear as your mind realized what awaited you at the end of this tunnel; a dead end. The tunnel had ended abruptly in your memory. Meaning..This wasn't the way out. It was the opposite. Tears fell quicker and quicker as you turned behind you, the smoke was almost touching your back. You turned your head back just as fast, seeing the end of the tunnel slightly in the darkness. "Norton! Someone! Help!" You cried in a last-ditch attempt to get someones attention. This is it. You lived your sad life. No..It wasn't too bad. You had Norton. Norton. What ever happened to him? The end of the cave got closer. You didn't know if he survived the explosions. Maybe he didn't. Maybe you would be reunited with him once you met your end. No. He's alive. You saw the end clearly. Poor Norton. He would live on, knowing you died here. You sighed, slowing your pace as you fell to the ground in front of the end of the tunnel, covering your head with your hands and squeezing your eyes shut.

Goodbye, Norton. I know we'll meet again..Im so sorry for leaving you..

"Im sorry"

"Im sorry!"

"Im sorry!"