(NEW) Chapter 5 *Silently Observe*

The gears in your head slowly started turning. as thoughts and questions flooded your mind; but one statement stayed true through the chaos in your head;

I've got to find out what's going on here.

Thursday, 1889 8:01 Am

Once the voices in your mind stopped, you got up from your seat at the table, making your way in front of the window.
Pacing back and forth as the sun beamed onto your hair, you spoke quietly to yourself; "Everyone seems to be hiding a secret..Perhaps I can start with that mysterious Novelist and gather some useful information." You stopped pacing, turning your head in the direction of the living room where Orpheus said he would be.

You quietly made your way out of the dining hall, amd towards the living room.
Opening the door, you immediately looked around for the Novelist. Though to your confusion, the room was dark and empty, with no signs of anyone being there in the first place. "Strange..Mr Orpheus isn't here.." Silently stepping inside, you let go of the door handle, causing the door the fall back and close behind you, making you jump slightly. You made your way to the fireplace, kneeling down as you touched the ash slightly. "Its cold..It should have been extinguished a long time ago.." You stood straight, dusting the ash from your gloves as one of the candles caught your eye. You bent down slightly, before standing straight once more. "Its fixed to the fireplace" Your mind wandered, and to cease the idiotic thoughts in your head, you wrapped your hand around it, twisting it slightly. To you surprise, it moved in the direction you twisted it in. "Huh..Its moving.." You thought quietly to yourself as you turned your head around the room, looking for something that changed. "Nothing happened.." You slid your hand off the candle before crossing your arms over your chest. "Did Mr Orpheus never come here and go out the back door instead? Then...Maybe I should head out to the greenhouse and have a chat with Mrs Plinius instead.." You quietly made your way to the living room door, taking one last glance around the room before leaving the room.

Thursday, 1889 8:16 Am

You entered the greenhouse, the smell of lively plants and flowers filled your nose as you smiled softly. You looked around the greenhouse, hoping to see Mrs Plinius. Though to your confusion, she wasn't there either. "Strange..Mrs Plinius is gone too.." You made your way down the stone stairs, looking around befa set of boxes caught your eye. You made your way over to them, Tilting your head slightly as you leaned in to see what was inside. You stood straight, fixing your dress amd gloves as you made your observations once more. "Someone placed some beehive boxes here..Was it Mrs Plinius? These bees look pretty hostile, I'd better keep my distance from them.." You stepped away from the boxes before noticing a piece of the strange ferns hanging out of the box. You didn't dare try to touch it, put instead you turned your head back toward the ferns. Making your way to the little plant box, you kneeled down, gently picking up a piece of the ferns in your hand. "The remains seem to be of the same species as the bees in the boxes.."
Your mind wandered as you crossed your arms iver your chest once more. "Besides going through the dining room, there should be no other way to leave this place, so did Mrs Plinius leave while i went to the living room..?" You shook your head slightly, sighing as you made your way toward the door. There was only one person left to see. You exited the greenhouse, the scent of pleasant plants and flowers left your nose as you frowned, confusion and a slight hint of fear rising in you. You entered the dining hall, making your way toward the door. Just as you were about to exit the dining hall, You noticed Mr Kreiburg speed walking out the front door. You tilted your head softly, slipping silently from behind the door and following him quietly.
You slid from behind the front door, following him steadily as you wondered what on earth he was doing.

Thursday, 1889 8:45 Am

You ran behind him, making sure to hide behind a nearby tree every time he turned around. This continued until the two of you made your way to the racecourse. Though, just as you entered the racecourse, you lost sight of Mr Kreiburg. You sighed with frustration as you looked around. "I lost him..I must find a place with a better view." Just as your thinking came to a close, you spotted a lookout in the distance. "There's a lookout..I should be able to see the whole racecourse from there."
You smirked to yourself, humming with content as you jogged over toward it.

Once you arrived at the lookout, you were nearly out of breath, panting slightly as you climbed the old wooden stairs. As you reached the top of the stairs, you looked up, noticing a hole in the top of the tower that led to the top of the whole tower. You needed to get up there. "I need something to climb up there..Maybe i can find something useful in the stable over there." You turned your head in the direction of the stables, before climbing down the stairs and jogging over to it. "This is going to be a long day."

Thursday, 1889 8:50 Am

As you arrived at the stables, some ropes on a hook caught your eye as you smiled brightly. You walked.over toward it, taking it off the hook and slipping it over your shoulder as you ran back towards the tower.
You climbed the stairs once again, tying a knot at on of the ends of rope as you reached the top of the stairs once again.
You looked up, readying the rope to be thrown, before tossing it up toward the hole. It caught on a loose plank, and it took a couple tugs to assure you that it was safe to climb. You slowly climbed the rope, your heart pounding at every creak the boards made. Finally, you made your way to the top, sighing as you climbed onto your feet. You clapped your hands together, ridding your gloves of the dust and wood splinters as you looked around. Two coin-operated binoculars caught your eye. They stood at the edge of the floor, causing cation to rise within you. You sighed as you slid a coin in and pressed your face into the machine. You wiped the dirt of the lenses swiftly, before noticing different points of wonder. "The deserted stands are in disarray, and many things are damaged. Three mounds, two of which have cornflowers in bloom sitting on top." Finally after searching for a couple minutes, you located Mr Kreiburg, who was walking toward a maze of bushes. You climbed down carefully, before quietly making your way toward the maze as well. You peeked from behind a bush, noticing that he was walking fast and cautiously.

"I have to follow him."