Chapter 4*An Even Stranger Invitation..*

She made her way over to the table, sitting down diagonal from you. You smiled and nodded as she seated herself.

"Good morning, you must be Mrs. Plinius." You said softly.

Thursday, 1889 7:43 Am

The woman nodded gently as she pursed her lips. "Im Y/N, a reporter." You said smiling as she nodded once more. "Melly Plinius. Nice to meet you." She said coldly. You wanted to strike a conversation with her. "May I ask why you came here?" You asked cheerfully. "There's a unique species of bees here. Im here to study them." Once again, Mrs. Plinius responded coldly. You hummed in annoyance slightly. "Were you just at the greenhouse?" You smiled once more. Mrs. Plinius nodded softly.
before responding. "Yes. The Lord of this manor is growing some special plants, so I was conducting some initial observations." Her tone was cold and unchanging, no matter how hard you tried. "Are those special plants you mentioned earlier those ferns I saw through my window? Why are they growing here?" You tilted your head slightly with confusion. "It is quite unusual indeed. With the exception of a few plants like cornflowers, most ornamental plants prefer acidic soil." Now you seem to have gotten her talking. "Those ferns are no exception. The Lord of the manor prepared a type of artificial soil just to grow it." As Mrs. Plinius's explanation came to a close, Mr Kreiburg entered the hall. He made his way softly toward his chair and seated himself, picking up his glass of whatever he had in there once he did so. He turned to Mrs. Plinius and nodded. Once she nodded back, he turned his gaze to you, frowning softly. "Good morning , Mr Kreiburg." You greeted. "Good morning.." He said coldly. "I cant tell if its a lack of rest or something else..But Mr Kreiburg looks a little upset.." You thought to yourself. Just as he turned your head back to your own plate, the final guest entered the hall. A nice looking gentleman, presumably the novelist, Orpheus, and once more, you observed. "It seems Orpheus's work had brought him a considerable amount of income, as his clothing quality is suburb. There a slight wet spots on his cuffs that look like the work of dew. Where did he go so early in the day? Dressed in the latest design, accompanied by groomed hair and the according accessories. Perfect for a rising star in the world of novelists." He made his way over to the seat one chair next to you, and seated himself. You've read many books by Orpheus, but has never met him in the flesh. "Good Morning Mrs. Plinius.! I didn't expect to see you here." Orpheus said cheerfully. Mrs. Plinius nodded. "Good Morning Mr. Orpheus." She said coldly. Just when she finished greeting him, he turned his attention onto you. "Good Morning" I'm Orpheus, a novelist." He smiled. "Its an honor. Im Y/N, a reporter." You smiled softly as he nodded once. Just as he turned back to his own plate, the butler rolled a cart into the room. Mrs Plinius stopped him with a question. "Mr. Butler, are there any plans for today? When will we get to meet the Lord.?" She asks, tilting her head with wonder as the butler stepped to face the table. "My Lord invites all of you to Kreiburg racecourse at the west of the manor this afternoon." The butler stated. You looked around in wonder as Orpheus set his fork down, frowning as he spoke. "Kreiburg racecourse? I thought it was abandoned after that incident." He stated clearly. You turned back toward the butler. "It is as you say, the racecourse is not active. My lord merely asked that all of you go there this afternoon." The butler explained firmly as he nodded at all of us.
"Besides that, please keep the promise you made by accepting the invitation; Do not wander around at night, and do not leave the main building before receiving a second invitation." With that, the butler turn back toward his cart, and made his way out the other door. I wonder what Orpheus had mentioned earlier.. About the incident..You thought to yourself. "Mr Orpheus..What does the thing you mentioned earlier refer to..?" You questioned, a curious sparkle in your eyes glimmered as he smiled softly.

(Im not going to bore you guys with this part basically some rich mfs bitch killed herself at the racecourse bc she was depressed as shit. and then some horses like broke out and killed some racers amd then the mf went mad and was never seen again)

Thursday, 1889 7:52 Am

You gasped slightly at the sad story, placing a hand gently at your chest. "Though, why is the course called Kreiburg?" You questioned. "Kreiburg was the maiden name of the wife of the manors previous owner." He answered almost immediately
You smiled softly as you looked down. "It seems like he really love his wife..So why did she take her life?"
Orpheus hummed in satisfaction, as if he was waiting for you to ask. "There are many rumors for that, some of them say he had an affair and she was depressed. Of course, some say it was a murder disguised as a suicide. After all, there is always a price to pay for being unfaithful. Just Like those insects..Right..Mrs. Plinius?"
He smirked as he looked over the the slightly startled woman. Mrs Plinius set down her teacup before she spoke. "I didn't expect you to be interested in entomology, Orpheus." She spoke coldly.
"However, insects are unlike humans. They do not betray easily because there is more then a single price to pay." She explained as she gritted her teeth slightly at every word. "Speaking of which; We have a Kreiburg here with us too." Mrs. Plinius turned her head ot face Mr. Kreiburg, who wore a sorrowful and tired expression on his face. He set down his wine glass, and slid it on the table away from the edge before he spoke. "Im sorry to say that im French." He spoke harshly as he kept his gaze fixed on the wine glass. " Forgive me but i wish to rest a while longer. I'll see you this afternoon." He said before turning and getting up out of his seat. Once he turned his back and was about to open the door, Orpheus spoke; "Its common knowledge that the wife from Austria, whose head and crown fell together, Was from France." Orpheus spoke whilst he smirked. Kreiburg's head hung lower as he sighed softly, opening the door and leaving quietly. With that, Mrs. Plinius got up from her seat as well. "Im going to go continue my research in the greenhouse. I'll see you both this afternoon." She nodded at you before leaving as well. Orpheus hummed with satisfaction once more before getting up out of his seat next. "I plan to study the collection in the living room once more. See you in the afternoon, Miss Reporter."
Orpheus smirked before leaving to the living room. The gears in your head slowly started turning. as thoughts and questions flooded your mind; but one statement stayed true through the chaos in your head;

I've got to find out what's going on here..